What would you buy as a 2nd RC to compliment an ECX Amp MT for 2nd kid

Rockstead

One of my kids and I share the ECX Amp and my other kid has shown interest in having a RC also, I’m really unsure how to approach because I know very little about RC’s.

Would you just get a 2nd Amp or does it make more sense to get something else that would work well if they both went to a park to play with their RC’s together.

What did you or would you do in the same situation.

I do expect to update the Amp To Brushless and then I’m sure I’ll need to do the same to the other one so that they both are of the same quality.

Are you looking for something better? Next step up would be an Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX IMO. On sale for 15% off on Horizon Hobby, great truck. $255 is a great price.

I'd agree. If you are willing to pay a little more and would have likely upgraded to brushless anyway, Arrma stuff is a giant leap above ECX.

For sure I will upgrade to brushless but as some have pointed out, it will be more fair if we all have the same car, I’m torn.

So We will end up with two more ECX Amp’s that’s i will eventually upgrade brushless or I keep the Amp for myself an buy the boys brushless out of the box, I really don’t know what the right thing to do is. If I stuck with all three being ECX Amp MT, then I would eventually need Brushless motor 400kv, esc, Metal Gears.

Does that make sense vs buying new brushless and keeping the Amp for myself, I don’t know.

I suggest you take a look see on the Ebayz, you could possibly find a good deal on a used Amp, Torment, blah blah.
Yeah, I get it, it's used, if you ever decide to upgrade them all, it won't break the bank.
And there is nothing that says you have to purchase another Amp. But I know how my kids are when I bought my 3 torments, ones faster than the other two and they all want to drive the fast one that does wheelies. So I am thinking if they are all fairly equal, then the they wont be as jealous? Then again your kids may be a whole lot better than mine. LOL

I suggest you take a look see on the Ebayz, you could possibly find a good deal on a used Amp, Torment, blah blah.
Yeah, I get it, it's used, if you ever decide to upgrade them all, it won't break the bank.
And there is nothing that says you have to purchase another Amp. But I know how my kids are when I bought my 3 torments, ones faster than the other two and they all want to drive the fast one that does wheelies. So I am thinking if they are all fairly equal, then the they wont be as jealous? Then again your kids may be a whole lot better than mine. LOL

No you are speaking the truth, the kids are aged between 10-12, and it makes sense to have the same when I think about it but it doesn’t make 100% sense to bug an Amp MT and then DJ p another 200CAD for brushless, Metal Gears, and reciever so stock transmitter works when I can just by something like a Arrma Granite BLX for the same price and I’m assuming the stock brushless will be better equipped to handle what a brushless motor can do to it vs an Amp that was upgraded.

So maybe I’ll hold on to the Amp for now and get the boys 2 x Arrma Granite BLX and then I can either upgrade the Amp for myself or try to sell it and get 3rd Arrma.

Anyhow that’s where I’m at in my decision making process.

Yes it’s fun to upgrade the Amp but to be honest, at this point the kids have no interest in building / fixing.

Well problem solved, my local Hobby store had a demo sale and I just went from 1 Amp to 4, he sold me three at about 95USD.

I was kind is excited for the Granite but at that price I was able to buy 3 more Amps and now all the kids have one!

So I still have the upgrade bug but the kids will just destroy any car once it’s brushless, I think mine are too immature for that kind of speed.

The guy at the hobby shop was smart and when he was doing demos, he had the transmitter tie wrapped so they couldn’t go reverse and had the speed way down, I should do the same when we are near stuff like sidewalks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back