Whats your thoughts?

Reefguy89

Whats your thoughts on this all in one esc motor combo?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-02-18-18-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-02-18-18-39.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 14
Hmmm, looks interesting enough, I like the idea, but don't know if I can trust it. Would like to find out more about it and it says Lipo or Nimh, but not listing what voltage/ cell count.

Interesting design. I'd be worried about it's cooling capability, but perhaps it has a fan rotor in the can. It certainly takes away the ability for certain customization. Also, generally, conglomerated devices tend to be not as well performing as the sum of the individual parts.

Assuming it's not terribly expensive, I would definitely give it a try.

http://www.teamorion.com/upload/product/full-view/1/product/Vortex-dDrive.html

Ok, I did research on the 2 ESC Motor's that Orion is coming out with. They will be released on the 14th of Dec. So there will be a 2700KV and a 3000KV and sell for $134. No tech info found for number of cell / voltage limit. Stay tuned for more info.

ehh, idk. considering the size, I would guess that there aren't as many features/ programmability.

you also would probably have to replace the whole unit if the esc or motor fails.

I just don't see the point. ill stick will the "traditional" style.

Ok these motors are now out in limited supply, I have 2 of each in at my LHS. Price is great, come with deans connectors already on and the esc is internal, Nice clean looking set-ups. Although they only support 2S Lipos and up to 7 cell NiMH. I beleive these wopuld be a good upgrade for the Torment, Ruckus, and Circuit 4X4's that that aren't of the already Brushless AVC versions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back