Wheels locking up

RandScustoms

I have a 2wd torment and I've replaced all the gears and the axles and I'm not sure what the problem is I've tried a lot of things and the rear wheels keep locking up.

Can you provide more details? With a charged battery connected and everything turned on and ready to operate, what happens when you pull the throttle trigger on the transmitter? Can you turn the wheels? Does the locking0up happen after you've been driving a while or does it happen immediately?

More details will help us help you. Hopefully we can get you running again quickly.

Cheers!

Did you open the transmission? You said you changed the gears, did you mean just the pinion and spur? Probably something stripped inside of the transmission.

Loosen up your motor screws and pull the motor away from the spur gear so that the pinion and spur aren't meshed. The spur gear should turn freely and you will see the drive shafts turning. If not, take the transmission cover off and see if your idler gear or one of the other gears is bound up.

There are four screws that you screw into the bottom rear of the truck. The screws hold the transmission in place. If the screws that you use are too long, they will go up into the transmission and stop gears from turning. I know this from experience.

Loosen up your motor screws and pull the motor away from the spur gear so that the pinion and spur aren't meshed. The spur gear should turn freely and you will see the drive shafts turning. If not, take the transmission cover off and see if your idler gear or one of the other gears is bound up.

There are four screws that you screw into the bottom rear of the truck. The screws hold the transmission in place. If the screws that you use are too long, they will go up into the transmission and stop gears from turning. I know this from experience.
Thank you I well check when I get home

So ive replaced all the gears everything brand new axles ive tried everything i can think of the wheels don't lock up anymore but it's making a grinding sound and well move very slowly

Update: with the slipper clutch all the way lose it makes much less of a grinding sound and well go a little faster

Last edited:
I swore I wrote a response last week. Maybe I never hit post reply. I wrote right after max-d, to check how the motor spins when it's disconnected from the spur gear. Motor could be on it's way out.

[/QUOTE]
I swore I wrote a response last week. Maybe I never hit post reply. I wrote right after max-d, to check how the motor spins when it's disconnected from the spur gear. Motor could be on it's way out.
It dosent spin very smooth it feels like it's going out it's not gripping

Last edited:
A burnt out or broken motor could be causing all your issues. Only odd thing is you mentioning loosening the slipper clutch and it going faster. Have a look at the spur gear as you are running it, and make sure the top shaft isn't bent.(spur gear doesn't wobble).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back