Will traxxas shocks fit on the amp???

Inkyrubel

I'm debating buying these aluminum shocks made for a rustler by atomik rc and was curious if they will fit on my amp?

Yes. The Traxxas 5862 "Big Bore" set will fit. I share some details about my shocks on the AMP/Circuit in >this post.< The "progressive" springs that come with the 5862 set are too heavy for the AMP and don't provide proper sag. They also caused the truck to bounce more than it should. For a time I used the stock ECX springs and some old Losi springs and got better performance.

HOWEVER... I was ultimately unhappy with their performance. I purchased a set of ECX aluminum upgrade shocks and they were much better. I use the ECX shocks (front, rear)with Losi springs and Traxxas 2668 spring cups. For event better performance, I've installed Kyosho P3 grooved o-rings (AKA "x-rings"). They are lower-friction, and the X cross-section creates four contact seals versus just two in normal o-rings. This reduces oil weep. Even without all the "mods" the ECX shocks are great right out of the bag.

Yes. The Traxxas 5862 "Big Bore" set will fit. I share some details about my shocks on the AMP/Circuit in >this post.< The "progressive" springs that come with the 5862 set are too heavy for the AMP and don't provide proper sag. They also caused the truck to bounce more than it should. For a time I used the stock ECX springs and some old Losi springs and got better performance.

HOWEVER... I was ultimately unhappy with their performance. I purchased a set of ECX aluminum upgrade shocks and they were much better. I use the ECX shocks (front, rear)with Losi springs and Traxxas 2668 spring cups. For event better performance, I've installed Kyosho P3 grooved o-rings (AKA "x-rings"). They are lower-friction, and the X cross-section creates four contact seals versus just two in normal o-rings. This reduces oil weep. Even without all the "mods" the ECX shocks are great right out of the bag.

Great info thank you man I just keep breaking shock caps so I bought aluminum ones by traxxas and put them on the stock shock bodies with the stock o rings and its works great with no leaks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back