1/18 Torment NiHM to Lipo

aaronchv

I am fairly new to the hobby and recently purchased a 1/18 Torment for me and my son to mess around with, with a NiHM battery that came with it, but was wondering if I could use a Lipo battery or if there would need to be some electronic parts upgraded or changed before I could do this.

@aaronchv first just wanted to say welcome to ECX Forum!

The ECX Torment 1/18 can run a 2s LiPo and I've also seen a few others use 3s be careful. Most importantly the ESC on the ECX Torment does not have a voltage cutoff so your best option would be to buy a LiPo voltage alarm to warn you when the LiPo battery starts getting to low.

UPDATE: The 2200mAh 2s lipo (Gens Ace) really made the Roost zippy! I just had to cut the little plastic slats off of the battery tray door to make it fit. It's a tight fit, but it works fine. Also, the run time is plenty long at more than double the mAh of the stock NiMh pack.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JCRSSR8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Great upgrade for the money I think. Just get a lipo alarm or be careful about running it too long.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back