1/18th Torment 4WD Bearings Upgrade Questions

awolfsd

Hi All.

New to the forum so apologies in advance if this is just basic common knowledge. I bought a Torment 1/18 4WD Short Course a couple of months ago. Love the truck, just a great little mess around RC. I was doing some research and a suggested upgrade was to swap the bushings for bearings on the spindle hubs. I purchased one of the Fast Eddy bearings kits and replaced the spindle hub bearings.

My questions are: The kit came with a bunch of other additional bearings, so is it worth pulling the transmissions apart and replacing those? I can definitely do it just wanted to know if it's worth the time...kind of don't want to mess with a good thing. Are there any other critical bearings in the driveline that are worth tearing apart and replacing?

Thanks so much in advance.

-Andrew

Hi All.

New to the forum so apologies in advance if this is just basic common knowledge. I bought a Torment 1/18 4WD Short Course a couple of months ago. Love the truck, just a great little mess around RC. I was doing some research and a suggested upgrade was to swap the bushings for bearings on the spindle hubs. I purchased one of the Fast Eddy bearings kits and replaced the spindle hub bearings.

My questions are: The kit came with a bunch of other additional bearings, so is it worth pulling the transmissions apart and replacing those? I can definitely do it just wanted to know if it's worth the time...kind of don't want to mess with a good thing. Are there any other critical bearings in the driveline that are worth tearing apart and replacing?

Thanks so much in advance.

-Andrew
Yes I would change them as if I am not mistaken the stock bearings are just metal shielded and the rubber sealed will help keep more of the dirt and stuff out of them.

Thanks for the response slick2500. Will dirt get into the transmission cases? They looked fairly sealed. The "bearings" I pulled out of the spindles looked to just be solid bushings and were super gritty. I appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back