1/24 Temper drivetrain binding at low speed?

i_r_beej

I haven't yet tried disassembling the drivetrain to examine it but I thought I'd ask here for any information before proceeding.

I've noticed that at very low throttle, the Temper will roll a few revolutions and then stop, the drivetrain appearing to bind and stall the car. Applying more throttle overcomes this but isn't always the best thing to do when trying to negotiate a tricky obstacle.

When I pick up the car (so the wheels have no load) and apply the throttle from low to full I can replicate the low speed binding and stall. When apply mid throttle, I can hear... something. To me it sounds like something is out of round in the drive train. Maybe the spur is wobbling or not perfectly concentric.

This appears to have a very minor affect on the driveability of the car so I'm not really interested in calling Horizon Hobby.

My main interest is if any of you with a 1/24 Temper have this issue?

My Trekker had the same problem. The stock motor did not have enough torque, so I picked up a 90T motor off eBay. That fixed the problem. I think it was a predator motor???

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back