2 New 4x4 Ruckus with same issue

I fixed the issue. Went brushless. Much better. didn't have much of a choice horizion blamed it on battery and wasnt going to offer anymore parts to try

So horizon sent me two replacement escs and 1 replacement motor (so far great customer service). I installed them, and pretty much same issure no more than 10mins and the LVC would kick on even though my LVA are saying 3.7v+. I noticed also the motor gets up to 150-170 in like ten mins. I emailed them and see what they think. I would like to go to brushless but i also would of just bought a higher end car if i was gonna spend this much this fast also on a side note. Do 4x4 RC cars motors get hotter quicker? and or use more battery power v.s. a 2wd?
I had a problem with my Ruckus that was a simple fix. It worked great until one day it quit running. I discovered the banana plugs between the motor and esc were loose. They got so loose that the motor quit running when the battery was near full. Sueeze the female ends and reconnecting, and the truck, then it ran fine. To diagnose we connected the battery directly to the motor to see if it would run and it did, but through the esc it did not. Maybe both you trucks had loose connections from the factory. One othe hint for me was that the insulation around my banna plugs was partially melted. I hope this helps, good luck.

The Zeee is one that I have been trying out as the Floureons are beginning to show their age.
I know this thread is old. I have both a Zeee 2s 5200 50c and a 3s 6000 80c and my truck is stupidly fast with both. the 5200 is almost 2 years old with no signs of aging yet! In my book that's a darn good battery.

Lol. thanks again for the CVD. other parts shipped and should be here Monday! just in time for a 3S bash on some new ramps... hopefully the other half of the CVD pin doesn't break...

Welp. RIP ruckus. Moved on to bigger heights! Was stripping diffs every run on 3s... Hello, Arrma Granite 4x4 3S BLX! This thing has taken more of a beating in a month than I ever did with the ruckus...

Welp. RIP ruckus. Moved on to bigger heights! Was stripping diffs every run on 3s... Hello, Arrma Granite 4x4 3S BLX! This thing has taken more of a beating in a month than I ever did with the ruckus...
Notorious 6s and Kraton EXB here. Arrma makes great stuff, but our Amp MT is still going strong.

Latest posts

Members online

Back