4wd BL Ruckus slow?

emmagator

I just bought a Ruckus for my boys. It is the newest version, brushless w/ AVC. It has the Tazer 3300kv motor running on 2s. It seems extremely slow. Wont even come close to do doing wheelies, has no punch on take off even though i have set the take off to maximum. I also bought some smaller tires and this thing is just a dog. Did i get a lemon, or is the motor just not powerfull enough to run this big truck. I also have a redcat Blackout xte pro BL, and it blows the doors off the Ruckus. Any thoughts?

Yep, i have calibrated the throttle end points and it hasnt helped. I agree that something is wrong. It seems to drag on takeoff, then the top speed just isnt there.

Check the pinion/ spur mesh. When I purchased my BL circuit the mesh was way too tight.

When running, does the motor get hot? If so, something is likely dragging in the drive-train. If you loosen the mesh for the pinion/ spur to the point of them not making contact you can check if the drag was the mesh or elsewhere in the drive-train.

It won't wheelie. It just won't. 30-35mph is what you will get out of it. It isn't a $500 truck.

It won't wheelie. It just won't. 30-35mph is what you will get out of it. It isn't a $500 truck.
Interesting. I have a $200 Redcat and it wheelies all day long!

Im wondering if i put in a Castle 3800kv if it will make a difference, or if i need to go bigger.

2wd, right? If so, can't compare. I can get wheels up in my 2wd brushless ruckus. And it is faster than my 4wd with same kv motor.

Mines a 2wd and i find it hard to keep wheels on ground. It is a monster and I'm running a brushed with lipo that's all. Something sounds like its dragging. Sorry mine had issues turned out it all mine trying to make it better. Check slipper. Good luck.

My 4x4 bl ruckus is pretty quick. It wont wheelie but it does 32mph and gets there in about 2seconds and ive got mine turned down on punch level with stock 9t pinion. Like the other guys said check drive train bearings. Wheels arnt on to tight. Gear mesh. Slipper . Double check throttle calibration.. let us know what it is

My 4x4 Ruckus is a dog too. I've adjusted the spur mesh, got the Dura Trax six packs, and etc. My Helion Select four 10sc smokes it. What I did do though is put the whole Traxxas Velineon vxl-3s system in it and boy what a difference.. My select four still smokes it though

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_094544.jpg
    IMG_20170520_094544.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 7
Centre shaft . front diff and took the cvds apart so just the stub axles are in to hold wheels on. 130g weight saving. The one gripe is im so use to braking late and hard and now it just slides to a long stop. Something to get use to. Good thing about 4x4 trucks, great braking.

Ive been really lucky with my truck in regards to spur gears. But mine is a stock truck. I can see how more power wud smash them. Are metal spurs the way to go. The nylon ones are so cheap..
I need to put another .1mm shim in my diff as there are metal chippings in the case from where the bigger gear just catching on the smaller gear. I dont no y they didn't groove the whole smaller gear. I see how the shimming goes if no improvement ill file the smaller gear teeth through the whole way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back