4WD ruckus stripped axis spur gear

Poulpinator

Hello guy... :/

I don't know why, but the axis of my spur gear (mod1 45t) broke two times. It melts and the diameter of the hole doubles in size then the teeth break.
I do not know what to do, but I had to wait 4 months for my slipper so that finally the spur gear breaks again in the same way.

The two bearings at the ends of the slipper make a lot of noise, I think they are worn, it is very important to change them if they croch? Could it break my gear spur?

Is a metal spur gear would be good too? I ride in nimh and lipo 3s

Please help me xD why
Thank you! :)

Hi @Poulpinator! Just curious what process did you use to determine it is only the bearings making the "fiddlesticking" noise?
Is the slipper clutch too loose? How hot is the motor getting?

Side note, what is "fiddlesticking", if you ask me that should be the word of the day. :LOL:(y)

Hi @Poulpinator! Just curious what process did you use to determine it is only the bearings making the "fiddlesticking" noise?
Is the slipper clutch too loose? How hot is the motor getting?

Side note, what is "fiddlesticking", if you ask me that should be the word of the day. :LOL:(y)

No fiddlesticking on this site, it's a family site!!! kidding....

Hello guy... :/

I don't know why, but the axis of my spur gear (mod1 45t) broke two times. It melts and the diameter of the hole doubles in size then the teeth break.
I do not know what to do, but I had to wait 4 months for my slipper so that finally the spur gear breaks again in the same way.

The two bearings at the ends of the slipper make a lot of noise, I think they are worn, it is very important to change them if they croch? Could it break my gear spur?

Is a metal spur gear would be good too? I ride in nimh and lipo 3s

Please help me xD why
Thank you! :)

I agree heat to melt the spur is likely coming from a loose slipper. Also a possibility if your bearings are bad as you assume, that could cause heat generation as well. Perhaps a loose slipper is the genesis of the whole situation though.

Okey guy, i'm going to change the bearings i think.

I think it's the bearings that make this noise because we feel that they hook a lot.
If ever I am Swiss, so I speak English badly and I had to take some time to understand '' fiddlesticking '' XD

On the other hand, my slipper did not seem to be very loose, the ruckus rolled correctly. How do you adjust the slipper? I just squeezed to the max and then loosened a turn and a half

And since we are there, how do you correctly set the gear mesh on this ruckus 4wd? The technique of the sheet of paper is not simple because it is difficult to access. I struggled to "succeed" xD

The famous spur gear

Hmmmm the top one looks like you had a gear mesh issue between the spur and pinion gears, looks like a few of the teeth were nibbled on.

I don't own a Ruckus, so it's hard for me to guide you in that endeavor of gear meshing. But from back in the day, peice of paper was all you needed. But my old heavily modified RC10 was easy peasy to get too though.

I think the gear mesh was good, look at the axe of the spur gear, the hole got bigger and the spur gear got in the way .. What started to eat the teeth (i think)
But thanks for your help :) tomorrow i go to the shop and i buy bearings and ask to settle the slipper if he can (That way I'll be on)

I was at the store and bought new bearings, I also asked for the slipper.
He told me to squeeze and then loosen 1/2 turn to 3/4 turn.

On the other hand ... the car always makes a rolling noise, less but always. I'll see if I have any others who are dead

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back