Aftermarket HD Driveshafts?

Tyork_tex

So, after upgrading to a brushless motor I have managed to snap both front and rear driveshafts!

Going with my theme of upgrading as I break, I wonder if there are any stronger aftermarket driveshafts that will fit?

Awesome! I'll get some measurements, and probably grab some.
Did you get these. I been looking and the dimension look like it will fit but it sure if the shaft size is same for the gear connection

Do those shafts extend? They look solid. Not sure that would work in the temper.
The shafts (the part that sticks out of the axle and tranny) are the same size as Axial and all the other ones (5mm I believe)
So most driveshafts should fit.
I'd look at the short metal ones on Ebay.

Do those shafts extend? They look solid. Not sure that would work in the temper.
The shafts (the part that sticks out of the axle and tranny) are the same size as Axial and all the other ones (5mm I believe)
So most driveshafts should fit.
I'd look at the short metal ones on Ebay.
The hot racing ones do extend but I haven’t ordered them. Waiting on others to see how it went before I pull that trigger for 25.00 or whatever.

Looks like 86mm fully compressed, and 114mm until they are disconnected.

I've been searching for a metal option as well- hope this helps!20180409_201656~01.jpg 20180409_201643~01.jpg

is it possible for you to measure the length of working range. basically how short does it need to be in real use when mounted. and then also the longest it needs to be expanded when on the rig. I think I found some things that are within range

Sure- on my build with the shocks fully compressed, the drive shaft is at its shortest, about 86mm. With my shocks (HR internal springs) fully extended, the drive shaft is only lengthened by about 4mm- up to 90 mm.

the shafts from rc4wd were too large in diameter. so they wont really work well
Hopefully the eBay ones will work. It's hard to tell from the photo. I will keep you guys posted once I get it but I have no idea how much longer it will take. The tracking said it left China like 2 weeks ago but it was updated and said it left China again today....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back