[Amp MT] What should I upgrade, or should I upgrade at all?

nummer

Hello,
I have an AMP MT and am looking into a cheap upgrade to get some extra performance, though keep in mind I have already gotten a LiPo.

Here are the two options I am looking at...

The first option was an idea i got from something i read. It was to get a pinion 2-3t up from stock, ex. the stock is an 18T iirc so it would go up to 20-21T.

The second option would simply upgrade from the stock 20T motor to 15T.

But for both of these options, I'm not sure what would give more performance. Also I am not sure if the stock electronics would hold up either.

Excuse me if all of this sounds weird, I'm pretty new to the hobby :)

Hello,
I have an AMP MT and am looking into a cheap upgrade to get some extra performance, though keep in mind I have already gotten a LiPo.

The first option was an idea i got from something i read. It was to get a pinion 2-3t up from stock, ex. the stock is an 18T iirc so it would go up to 20-21T.

But for both of these options, I'm not sure what would give more performance. Also I am not sure if the stock electronics would hold up either.

Hello,

Thanks for posting! I’ve got the Same question also (kind of): Is the 15T brushed appreciably faster than the 20T in the AMP (MT)? -I don’t have LiPo-

LiPo first and its will handle 2S stock, just run a cheap voltage alarm.

The next upgrade is brushless. Esc, radio and motor. Metal gear set. Likely servo too and RPM servo saver eliminator. I have a 3,300 kv brushless, DumboRC radio and a cheap TSky 120a brushless ESC. I just ran it on 3S and it is totally insane. I have put much larger wheels/tires on it and a 23 tooth pinion. It gets hot but it’s fall here in Canada so I’m running it. Full throttle and it flips over at anything under 30 kph. It’s nuts. I just got a Traxxas wheelie bar to put on it.

LiPo first and its will handle 2S stock, just run a cheap voltage alarm.

The next upgrade is brushless. Esc, radio and motor. Metal gear set. Likely servo too and RPM servo saver eliminator. I have a 3,300 kv brushless, DumboRC radio and a cheap TSky 120a brushless ESC. I just ran it on 3S and it is totally insane. I have put much larger wheels/tires on it and a 23 tooth pinion. It gets hot but it’s fall here in Canada so I’m running it. Full throttle and it flips over at anything under 30 kph. It’s nuts. I just got a Traxxas wheelie bar to put on it.
I may consider that in the future, but i just want to keep upgrades cheap for now...

I may consider that in the future, but i just want to keep upgrades cheap for now...

DumboRC X6A radio transmitter and receiver $35. KS-3518 metal geared 18kg fast servo $15. RPM servo saver eliminator is under $20 I think.

Order the first two from Banggood and your LHS will have the RPM piece likely. The Banggood stuff can take a few weeks but it’s cheap and good. The radio is excellent and that servo is really fast and strong enough for a much heavier truck.

I got the TSky ESC for I think $24 Canadian. The motor is a Surpass/Rocket from Banggood and it was maybe $40. The thing is a rocket. ?

DumboRC X6A radio transmitter and receiver $35. KS-3518 metal geared 18kg fast servo $15. RPM servo saver eliminator is under $20 I think.

Order the first two from Banggood and your LHS will have the RPM piece likely. The Banggood stuff can take a few weeks but it’s cheap and good. The radio is excellent and that servo is really fast and strong enough for a much heavier truck.

I got the TSky ESC for I think $24 Canadian. The motor is a Surpass/Rocket from Banggood and it was maybe $40. The thing is a rocket. ?
I bought a Surpass 4370 KV brushless motor, ESC combo & Dumborc x6a from Bangood took almost a month but I'm very impressed with all of it, my amp desert buggy pops wheelies non stop now, next is a wheelie bar!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back