Amp range issue- No throttle or steering when amp is 30ft away

BriaN

I have all upgraded electronics- Flysky receiver, brushless motor, 60a esc, new servo. But when I walk away from my amp and drive it about 30ft away, the steering and the throttle just stops working. Almost like it cuts off. The lipo 2s 4000mah was perfectly charged and this still happened. But when I walk closer to it, the throttle and the steering works

Is the receiver antenna far enough away from the car? Do you have it in an antenna tube or is it tucked away inside the chassis? With 2.4GHz radio systems, it's really only the last inch or two of the antenna wire that is the "sensitive" part. That's why, unlike older AM systems (1980's, 1990's) you should NOT trim antenna wires.

Is the receiver antenna far enough away from the car? Do you have it in an antenna tube or is it tucked away inside the chassis? With 2.4GHz radio systems, it's really only the last inch or two of the antenna wire that is the "sensitive" part. That's why, unlike older AM systems (1980's, 1990's) you should NOT trim antenna wires.
The tube is in the chassis, not very high at all. I didn’t trim it, I left it as is, like how it came from the box

Have you tried a different transmitter?
I didn’t try, because I don’t have any others ;(.
But I was thinking, would the actually battery of the transmitter effect it? I haven’t charged the batteries in the transmitter in a while.

Edit- i still need help fixing this, I rebinded the receiver, and while doing it, I ripped the tube of the receiver. Look at the screenshot, can anyone come up with any solutions?

Last edited:
If you have a GT3B it beeps if the battery is low and GT2's the leds blink if the batteries are low. Had a problem just like this with a 6 month old GT3B range issue it was something wrong with the transmitter tried a different Flysky transmitter and everything worked fine.

I don't see any screenshot. A new receiver is cheap if you want to try a different Flysky receiver. One or the other a transmitter or receiver issue. You would be better off just getting a new tx/rx set.

No screenshot that I can see so can't tell what you mean by ripping the tube of the receiver. The tube doesn't matter it's if any damage is done to the receiver antenna wire is what you need to look at.

Well the cheapest option would be, to replace the transmitters batteries, for new ones.
Just curious, does it act the same at different locations? ie...... at the park, at the house, at the business parking lot?

If you have a GT3B it beeps if the battery is low and GT2's the leds blink if the batteries are low. Had a problem just like this with a 6 month old GT3B range issue it was something wrong with the transmitter tried a different Flysky transmitter and everything worked fine.

I don't see any screenshot. A new receiver is cheap if you want to try a different Flysky receiver. One or the other a transmitter or receiver issue. You would be better off just getting a new tx/rx set.

No screenshot that I can see so can't tell what you mean by ripping the tube of the receiver. The tube doesn't matter it's if any damage is done to the receiver antenna wire is what you need to look at.
Oh, okay I am trying to attach the screen shot, I will attach it again after this comment. I have the gt2b, and the batteries were fully charged.

Well the cheapest option would be, to replace the transmitters batteries, for new ones.
Just curious, does it act the same at different locations? ie...... at the park, at the house, at the business parking lot?
I’ve tried fully charged batteries, and it still acts the same. And yes, it’s the same everywhere.

Here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 8
The first few centimeters of the wire seem to be.. a bit torn. I am not sure if it’s the tube or the wire though.

Did you buy that yet? I have the same one for my son, he likes it, i don't( he's only 5). The trigger finger is tight, so if you have big hands, go for something else. Also the steering knob is weak, not much resistance or throw. Other then that it does work well, taken some abuse and held up fine. As for the third channel, you will need some kinda light control to plug into the third channel, and your lights will plug into that, so it'll control the lights from the changing 3rd channel.
Another option for cheap yet decent remotes is the tactic ttx300. For around 35 on Ebay you can find one from a chop shop taken off either an arma or an axial. Way better quality then the goolrc, and you can get it into program mode and adjust the endpoints on both throttle and steering. Can even change the 3rd channel for 2/3/4 position, giving you more options for future use. Also the reciever is water proof.

Did you buy that yet? I have the same one for my son, he likes it, i don't( he's only 5). The trigger finger is tight, so if you have big hands, go for something else. Also the steering knob is weak, not much resistance or throw. Other then that it does work well, taken some abuse and held up fine. As for the third channel, you will need some kinda light control to plug into the third channel, and your lights will plug into that, so it'll control the lights from the changing 3rd channel.
Another option for cheap yet decent remotes is the tactic ttx300. For around 35 on Ebay you can find one from a chop shop taken off either an arma or an axial. Way better quality then the goolrc, and you can get it into program mode and adjust the endpoints on both throttle and steering. Can even change the 3rd channel for 2/3/4 position, giving you more options for future use. Also the reciever is water proof.
No, I did not buy it, I was about to tonight. Thanks for info, I saw that the Ttx300 has no wire, as in the “antenna”
This is it, right?

But I’m trying my best to not buy another tx and rx set. Do you know what the problem might be for the issue above? It would be nice to just purchase a new receiver or transmitter instead of both.

Link for transmitter-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TACTIC-TTX...300946&hash=item3f75fdbbab:g:rR4AAOSwrINc5vGL

I want to save as much money as possible lol

Last edited:
No, I did not buy it, I was about to tonight. Thanks for info, I saw that the Ttx300 has no wire, as in the “antenna”
This is it, right?

But I’m trying my best to not buy another tx and rx set. Do you know what the problem might be for the issue above? It would be nice to just purchase a new receiver or transmitter instead of both.

Link for transmitter-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TACTIC-TTX...300946&hash=item3f75fdbbab:g:rR4AAOSwrINc5vGL

I want to save as much money as possible lol

New receiver less than $10 shipped. If it doesn't work you can get a Redcat transmitter that will work with Flysky (rebrand) for $16 shipped from a kit breaker on Ebay. It's up to you hard to say what it may be from the pic I would say I would at least replace the receiver.

Go cheap try and just replace the receiver and not fix it. Get a whole new tx/rx set and know it will fix it. Stick with Flysky stuff and have a good extra receiver or transmitter once you find out which one is the problem.

New receiver less than $10 shipped. If it doesn't work you can get a Redcat transmitter that will work with Flysky (rebrand) for $16 shipped from a kit breaker on Ebay. It's up to you hard to say what it may be from the pic I would say I would at least replace the receiver.

Go cheap try and just replace the receiver and not fix it. Get a whole new tx/rx set and know it will fix it. Stick with Flysky stuff and have a good extra receiver or transmitter once you find out which one is the problem.

Edit- I just bought the goolrc transmitter set cause I don’t really care much about the feeling, just the fact that it will work will be all good for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back