are all companys standards this low now?

This forum isn't the best channel for that sort of communications. Not saying you can't tell your story here, just that it's not going to accomplish anything to further your case. I don't know if Chuck from Horizon reads this forum. And if he does, he might pretend not to in this case :D

If I don't get a reply from CHUCK @ HORIZON HOBBY , I will take Legal matters into the next stage with my nephew. Keith Apton which will be a fun thread to follow....

If I were you, I wouldn't bother attempting to get someone from ECX to respond here. As no one from ECX posts here. ;)

I bought one of the new ones with the LiPo, and supposedly the new 60a ESC. I 've had it for a month, battery run time is terrible. Looking through ECX's open recalls, not only is there a recall for the 40a ESC's, there is also a recall on the battery chargers sent to Canada, as they don't meet CSA standards.

The firsr few runs on the truck, it appeared to be working normal, when the battery got low, it would go into slow mode. Now all it does is, after running it for a while, it will just shut down completely.

I contacted the shop here in Canada, and their solutions was for me to spend more money with them on a new battery and charger, which of course they sent me links to on their website.

I also contacted ECX tech support, which was not very helpful either. The tech also suggested my run time of less than 5 mins was considered normal, and they expected me to have the tools required to check the voltage after the charger went green.

To be honest I'm very disappointed in this truck, which is advertised as being RTR, yet I, along with many others are having similar issues, and get little to no support.

I am thankful that I paid for mine via Paypal, the store I bought it from refused to return it, so I've started a claim. We'll see how that goes...

Which battery came with yours

i got my 1/10 ruckus december 25 of 2016 my ESC fried weeks later (it was on recall so understandable) but then i tried to get my part replacement and got ignored for almost a month so i gave up on the replacement and bought a brand new 60a ESC with motor hooked it up to find that my months old battery was useless as it wouldn't charge anymore so i had to wait a few more days and spend more money for a battery i got it hooked up and running and a day after its first run my brand new ESC caught on fire just like the first ive dumped almost
$300 into this thing and its only been useable for like a month out of the entire time i owned it
is it just electric ones i had a 1.5 t-maxx when they first came out and it wasn't like this im gonna give it another chance and ive learned that i want the highest amp rating i can afford on my ESC so im gonna look for a cheapish 120a with a nice fan and preferably water resistant
Well did u hook the new ESC up right bc u got to set it up for lipo or nmh

Yes, I actually did both of them right in the hobby shop that had the new ones. I had to give him the original ones before I left so they could turn them in. The jumpers are correct. Thanks

Which battery came with yours

Same as yours,
Dynamite® 7.4V 1800mAh 2S 20C

The battery and charger aere definitely not the issue, it charges fine as works awesome on my newly converted to brushless stampede.

And some good news for me, and thank God I paid with Paypal! I filed an 'item not as described' claim, wrote out all my issues, seller never responded, and I was granted a full refund! Now I can use those funds to make the truck what it should have been out if the box.

Last edited:
Same as yours,
Dynamite® 7.4V 1800mAh 2S 20C

The battery and charger aere definitely not the issue, it charges fine as works awesome on my newly converted to brushless stampede.

And some good news for me, and thank God I paid with Paypal! I filed an 'item not described' claim, wrote out all my issues, seller never responded, and I was granted a full refund! Now I can use those funds to make the truck what it should have been out if the box.

Excellent.... I'm gonna try that with HH...."Item not described"....lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back