Back to RC - AMP or Ruckus??

larryl9797

Looking to RC from a long layoff. I am pretty much looking for a basher to spin around the house and zip along with the kids.
Have it narrowed down to being under 200$ out the door so that puts me between AMP (130$) and Rukus (180$). What are the major differences (besides Lipo Batt) between the two? Has anyone had both? Which do you like better?

thanks!

I've got the ruckus 2wd. I have changed to the lipo with a new esc and it is pretty fun. I am working out some issues but overall pretty fun. My son has a grave digger and we just bash around and they hold up pretty well. Hope this helps.

Amp has a combo esc/receiver. The ruckus has better electronics.

The ruckus and torment share a lot of parts.

Ruckus is easier to upgrade to brushless...amp will have to replace controller, receiver, and esc to upgrade to brushless

For bashing I'd say : Amp
- I've put my amp through hell and back, besides crushing my rear wheel bearings from taking high jumps everything else is bulletproof

For project I'd say ruckus :
My gf got me my amp that I've souped up to the sky. But litreally the frame is the only thing stock as the stock setup cant handle any sort of high speed, and the electronics in the amp are garbage.

Ther 2wd ruckus is great for bashing out of the box. Don't need to upgrade anything until you break stuff.

Members online

No members online now.
Back