Battery Question

TrueRcBoy

Do I charge my LiPo battery immediately after storage or do I run it down in my truck first then charge it?
Please if you know the answer to the question above reply I will be very much grateful.

Last edited:
If you took them to "storage" voltage, I would assume they are fairly dead already %40-50? or there abouts, meaning you wont run them long. These aren't like the older NiCd packs where you should discharge them fully after a run. It's a memory thing for those. LiPo's are different. I would charge them after storage and then run them, that is what I have been doing.

And, I am not a LiPo expert by any stretch of the imagination.

ok great when you plug in the balance lead it will read the cells and either start chargeing or give you an error beep so no you dont need a volt checker

@Spanky is correct, that charger should charge just fine. If i am looking at the right one, it doesn't have a display, that could display the individual cell voltage.
You can pick up a cell checker for pretty cheap, this is the one I purchased.
It's $12? on amazon, but you could get one cheaper than that.

Cell checker Tenergy

yeah it doesn't have a display screen, it's to bad, it is however a good little basic charger and a great starting point

oh I'm only 14 but I get it. I do wonder I am on a fine line and only have a few buck to spend before my trip and I would like to know if I should by a new front bulkhead mount or a cell checker keep in mind that my truck needs to be in run ready condition when I leave in three week so what do you thing should get first.

you'll be fine with just the charger,its designed to read the batteries, if there are any issues it wont charge them, say if one cell is below the set voltage

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back