Bearings?????

tlo1360

I currently run a rubber sealed bearing through out my 1/10 ruckus it's time to upgrade parts.
So my question is do I stay with the rubber sealed seeing how 85% of my driving is done in dirt and rock or should I switch it to the metal shielded to prevent dust from getting in?

I would stick with rubber. Wouldn't the metal sheilded ones let dust in? Thought they offered less protection with less rolling resistance?

And when it comes time to due regular maintenance on the RC, clean the junk out of the bearings, and repack 'em with grease. I run my RCs on a very dusty track (summer time), and the dust is very hard on the rear hubs/gearbox outdrive bearings. I am probably a bit OCD with my bearings and shocks as I clean and relube every 12 runs when the dust starts flying. I've been repacking my bearings with grease for many years now. They sure do seem to last longer than if I were to clean and use oil for lubrication.

And when it comes time to due regular maintenance on the RC, clean the junk out of the bearings, and repack 'em with grease. I run my RCs on a very dusty track (summer time), and the dust is very hard on the rear hubs/gearbox outdrive bearings. I am probably a bit OCD with my bearings and shocks as I clean and relube every 12 runs when the dust starts flying. I've been repacking my bearings with grease for many years now. They sure do seem to last longer than if I were to clean and use oil for lubrication.
Very good to know I run it in our locale 4 wheeler hot spots so it gets very dusty. I just recently got a 3 gal air comp. to blow most of the dirt and dust off the chassis looking for a good brand of chassis dust cover that isnt going to rip the first time i take it out and itsnt going to cost 70$ and up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back