Best Electrics Option?

Mongol Pete

Greetings from Ulaanbaatar ECX fans,

Santa will bring a V2 Barrage kit and an Amp MT kit for my son and I to build together. I am considering getting a Hobbywing 1080 ESC to run in the Barrage and sticking the 60A Barrage ESC in the Amp. I am wondering if I could then bind the stock Barrage receiver to the transmitter that comes with the Amp. Or, I could just use the transmitter and receiver from the Barrage for the Amp, and get a Futaba receiver to use our 3PV with the Barrage. I don't know if it will make much difference, but I will try out a couple of cheap Hobbywing external BECs (6v) to power upgraded servos in both kits.

Thoughts? Thanks!

-MP

The Barrage has a 380-sized motor, the AMP has a 540. Bigger load. I would worry that the Barrage ESC would be overloaded with the 540 sized motor. Also, does the Barrage ESc have a Fwd/brake/reverse mode? or just Fwd/Rev? If no brakes, then the tranny gears and u-joints may not last long.

As far as cross-binding, I don't know, but I would guess no. But try it, who knows!

The Barrage has a 380-sized motor, the AMP has a 540. Bigger load. I would worry that the Barrage ESC would be overloaded with the 540 sized motor. Also, does the Barrage ESc have a Fwd/brake/reverse mode? or just Fwd/Rev? If no brakes, then the tranny gears and u-joints may not last long.

As far as cross-binding, I don't know, but I would guess no. But try it, who knows!

Thanks Jerry,

The Barrage ESC (DYNS2210) is listed with an 8T motor limit and I think is used in the 2WD Circuit, so I should be okay. I don't know about motor turns and sizes. I've emailed Horizon to ask. I am sure that the Barrage ESC does have fwd/brake/rev mode. I've gone ahead and ordered a HW 1080 for the Barrage and an ECX13003 RX to use in the Amp. I think it will be a significant upgrade in performance for both trucks, and both items were just $60.

Cheers,
MP

You'll love the Hobbywing 1080 ESC in the Barrage. I have one in my Temper powering two servos for 4-wheel steering. I figured that the two servos would not tax the BEC and so far it's been fantastic! The drag brake feature is the killer app.

You'll have to do a little research about the Tx/Rx issue. To my knowledge the AMP transmitter is only compatible with specific receivers-- like the one it ships with-- and will not bind with other units found in the Temper, Barrage, etc.

You'll love the Hobbywing 1080 ESC in the Barrage. I have one in my Temper powering two servos for 4-wheel steering. I figured that the two servos would not tax the BEC and so far it's been fantastic! The drag brake feature is the killer app.

You'll have to do a little research about the Tx/Rx issue. To my knowledge the AMP transmitter is only compatible with specific receivers-- like the one it ships with-- and will not bind with other units found in the Temper, Barrage, etc.

I am confident that the stock Amp TX will bind to the ECX13003 RX. This video is from Horizon Hobby.

The binding example starts at 10:20

Members online

No members online now.
Back