Biggest wheels compatible with torment (just for bashing)

bobmcgill

Hello!
I am not really interested in the brand, but what would be the largest size wheels I could put on a torment. It is just for fun and not interested in anything like official size for racing.

Thank you!

Just make sure they fit a 12mm hex or you’ll have to replace your hexes with something that will fit the new wheels also.
I am a bit broke to be buying 2 pairs of badlands, do you think the redcat

Do you think these redcat ones could be a good alternative for offroad? They are around $18 a pair. Are there any others I should look at?

Redcat Racing Wheel Complete Sandstorm/Volcano (2)
These are the Complete Wheels for the
Redcat Racing Volcano EPX, EPX Pro and Volcano S30.
FEATURES
Off road tread
Seven spoke plastic wheel, black in color
INCLUDES
Two Complete Wheels with Tires and Foam Inserts
SPECIFICATIONS
Tire Width: 2.2" (55mm)
Wheel Diameter: 2.8" (71mm)
Hex Size: 12mm

The torment is 12mm. I am really wondering about the treads and durability. Do you just pay for brand names in some instances?

Also, do people sometimes use different front and back tires? I am really looking for good offroad traction.

Thanks!

It's all about the Hex. Hex it. Yeah, you know, those 12mm hex.
Wheel offset is next. Traxxas rear wheels work well. When searching for wheels, Traxxas Slash REARS, rears. Fronts have less of an offset, so brings your overall width narrower.
And tires. The bigger the tire, the more stress on the electronics.
Go big, you will pay one day.

Don't settle for stock tires. Go different brand even.

So, hexes, offset, wheels, foam, tires.

Have fun.

The "monster SC" thing has been going on for years. I don't know how you guys do it, but I had some wheels that were +7.6mm wider than normal offset , and some Badlands SC tires...chewed the heck outta my body. If I were to put some 2.8" wheels/tires on my SC, I'd have to cut massive amounts of lexan off my body to fit new wide rubber, or raise the body considerably.

Going with some 2.8 wheel/tire combos that somebody has not tried yet, could be a gamble when it come to wheel/tire rubbing due to offset of wheels, and/or extra large knobby rubber.

Once you go the monster SC route, check temps, and have great servo installed (or at least have one in online shopping cart (y);)).

4x4 Torment Monster sct
Proline Brute bash body
17mm adapter +10mm offset
2.8 MX Badlands 5in high x 2.75in wide...
44mph 3S tarmac
48mph 4S short grass park
72mph 6S tarmac

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back