Boost ECX3100 rear driveshaft broke. Anyone know of a compatible replacement?

MrTrails

Today I was bashing at the park with my grandson and I broke my Boost rear driveshaft (partnum ECX3011). Every site I have gone to says discontinued or out of stock. Anyone know of a compatible driveshaft from another ECX model or even a non-ECX model that I could use? Maybe I can cut down a longer one to the right size since one side just slips into the other. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Maybe I can cut down a longer one to the right size since one side just slips into the other. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

If your comfortable with cutting the drive shaft I believe this is your best bet cut down one made for the Circuit/Amp/Torment/Ruckus.

If your into modifying you can go with Traxxas drive shafts change the whole drive shafts out all together easier and sometimes cheaper to get Traxxas parts. Not positive but Traxxas bandit drive shafts might work the male and female sliders are switched around but the length might be right. Slight modification needed to use Traxxas drive shafts. Bandit drive shafts https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRAXXA...rxgU:sc:USPSFirstClass!36109!US!-1:rk:46:pf:0

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks much for the info. I was in my local hobby shop over the weekend and they told me that the newer Boost driveshaft (Partnum ecx232004) was compatible with the older Boost buggies. They dug around in their box of ECX parts and found a set - expensive $20 - but I got it home and it did fit great. There are some online sites that are saying that the part is for 2nd generation buggies, but it turns out that it is compatible with 1st gen buggies too. Just wanted to pass on the information.

You can use stock torment, Etc as listed above. Just trim the shaft down. Use your stock boost as a measurement, or a caliper to get the exact length. I did it for a buddy's boost.
I am in the process of experimenting with dog bone rear boost driveshafts. I will post an update.

Any luck????? I am still working on my rear suspension modifications, and still stuck on a steel shaft.
What did you figure out? Please comment on your findings.

Hi Kruz. Yea I posted up above what happened. I have the original Boost buggy ecx3100 and could not find the driveshaft listed in the manual. However, my local hobby shop told me the newer generation Boost driveshaft which was a different part number ecx232004 is compatible. And sure enough it was - problem solved. Hope you figure out your steel shaft solution.

Oh. So you just went with the plastic. I am trying to eliminate the plastic. Otherwise, I guess plastic will just have to be what it is.

Yea I did replace the transmission and spur gears with metal in my Boost. Eliminating the plastic driveshaft may be in the future for me as well. Post back on your progress. Thanks.

Thanks man!

Update, I am still working out some setup kinks and editing the video. This suspension is a really nice improvement to the handling. Night and day difference, this little discontinued buggy can have some life and run with the higher ends.
Just know, the stock shocks will not work with this, it gives it terrible shock response. I will be swapping out to big bored, similar to the front AE front shocks. AE shocks are not long enough, and I am trying to get a budget style build for the everyday RCer. Thanks for sticking it out with me and patience while I work through this upgrade.

It is very close!IMG_20190405_191628084.jpg

Ok! I may have spoke too soon.

Stock shocks will do the job, just running a stronger spring, with spring spacers and a slight adjustment on dog bone mod.

......and correction on the AE rear shocks, they ARE long enough. Nice!

Alright, I will be running it on the track again tomorrow and I will have my final thoughts and review. It is looking really good.

Again, thanks for the patience.

Ok! I may have spoke too soon.

Stock shocks will do the job, just running a stronger spring, with spring spacers and a slight adjustment on dog bone mod.

......and correction on the AE rear shocks, they ARE long enough. Nice!

Alright, I will be running it on the track again tomorrow and I will have my final thoughts and review. It is looking really good.

Again, thanks for the patience.
B4 drive shafts?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back