Bought a new member of the family

Real_sparky

What i want to know, is the circuit (it hasn't arrived yet, bought it for $23 with a blown esc :)) the same as the Amp besides the rear shock tower and tyres?
And are the upgrades the same as the Amp?
If not, name the best upgrades. Keeping in mind I am building it for my Autistic son.
I am thinking !5t Brushed motor, for now, with the Amp Rx/esc out of my other sons Amp that we upgraded to brushless. Fast servo for steering and stock the rest

Your thoughts?

As far as the brushed motor, try a higher turn for your son. I have a 540 27t in my son's stock circuit that I put in just to see how it would be. Little more pep of the line, and little bit longer run times, and didn't notice a drop in speed as I expected. Liked it so much I plan on getting the titan 550 marine motor which is a 24t. Originally I planned on a 12t 550, but my little test changed my mind. For the rest of your questions I'll leave up to those with more experience

Ok it has arrived :)
Pulled it apart, replaced the spur, was totally stripped
Replaced the bearings, it had been in water, replaced diff, it was seized, put the RX/esc from an Amp in it, 20t motor worked, fine for now, left the ECX servo in it, gee it is slow lol. Cleaned it put it all back together and now it all works.
Here it is, son should be very happy, he can race with his brothers now
IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4335.JPG
Wonder how long until he wants it faster :)

Had to take the ECX servo out of the truck it was so slow it made it hard to steer. Has a JR 8715 in it now.
Rpm parts are way to expensive here, sellers mark up is ridiculous, so the only things i get come from the states(way cheaper even with Postage especially when buy 3 or 4 at a time) and given in am buying for four rc's now i think i will stick with the stock A arms. But i do get what you are saying. We aren't racing, except for each other, so we should be right.
Having said that have just taken delivery of 3 RPM SSE's. Wont be putting one in the Circuit, its steering is so good with the new servo in it. Way better than the Amp. Not sure if its the older design Servo saver or the Tyres. Either way its pretty good.
The Amp tends to understeer in turns where the Circuit just turns, if anything leaning towards oversteer on the loose dirt out the back.
All in all pretty happy with our $20 truck :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back