Burning motors

Kylem298

I have a torment 4x4 I am new to the rc world . My torment keeps burning up motors itll be fine for a few days but keeps burning up. Any suggestions

Is this on stock motor/ ESC? Is the ESC over heating? It's possible your gear mesh (pinion/spur) is too tight, or you have some other driveline resistance. If you take the motor out, does everything move smoothly?

Gear down (smaller pinion) or better yet go brushless. Don't want to sound like a broken record but brushed and 1/10 4X4's are hit and miss affair. A brushless motor will tolerate heat better and of course perform better. A 3650 size brushless (does not matter the brand) motor will be better than just about brushed motor except maybe for crawlers. Keep spending money on brushed motors or invest in a brushless combo. Goolrc combo on 2s lipo cheap and works just don't get the esc's wet they are hit and miss also (the cheaper stuff) but have lasted longer than my brushed motors have plus I have more fun with the increased speed (not to mention the motors lasting longer). Better to go Hobbywing or Castle but a cheap brushless combo can work.

Never assume that just because something is brand new that it was assembled correctly. I’m not much of an RTR guy but when I do go that route I always go through everything before even plugging a battery in.

RTRs for the most part is just Ready to Run. It does not mean they put the best of anything in there. Awesome place to start.

Some electronics;
GoolRC
Surpass Hobby
SkyRC
Hobbystar
Hobbywing
Trackstar

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back