Can't wait for Temper upgrades?

r8derhed5150

Sorry @WoodiE, could you delete this thread. I made it in error. Got really excited about a similar rig only to realize it was a 1/16. Thought the parts would be compatible. My bad.

Edit: Okay, keep reading because I might be onto something.

Last edited:
Sorry @WoodiE, could you delete this thread. I made it in error. Got really excited about a similar rig only to realize it was a 1/16. Thought the parts would be compatible. My bad.

Yea, that's one of the more annoying aspects of RCs. Quite a few have different scale sizes available and often write ups or ads don't state the scale on them. Good that you figured it though before purchasing.

Well maybe you didn't delete this for a reason. I couldn't help but think that the "Everest" is the same exact truck. Same size everything EXCEPT! for the body. The truck body that comes with it appears to be larger than the Temper. So to test my theory, I think I'm going to try for the aluminum battery tray and see if it fits. I'm willing to take the chance because after comparing both vehicles specifications:

comparison.png
Sorry covered the weight on the left but its says 0.85kg under there. But both trucks have the same footprint except a difference of 3mm in wheelbase. Well this suspension length expands when compressed so there's your variance. I'm gonna take the $20 gamble to find out.

If this is true, then there are already some funky brownish green aluminum parts already available such as spur gear cover, battery tray, steering mounts, servo mount plates, body posts, bead locker rings, and maybe a couple other. Didn't see any steering knuckles because it could really use some. Bearings are kinda sloppy in the plastics.

Last edited:
Worst that can happen is you're out $20. You can always attempt to mod it to fit too. Your money, but I say give it a shot. Post up your results when you get it.

Well idk the Maxstone looks very very similar, but the frame rails are a little different.

Last edited:
Did the battery tray fit?
I kinda moved it to the bottom of list only because I haven't decided on a final mount for my lipo monitor. But I would gamble on the $20 or whatever it cost that it would fit. After staring for hours at pictures of these things along with the many teardowns on mine, I'm pretty sure the tray is compatible. When looking at the part alone, the footprint looks identical. I haven't looked recently but maybe the only difference is batt/ecs locations.

I'll put my money where my mouth is one of these days. I really need to get tires first:confused:

And that body. Wish ECX would have opted for a truck and not this confused umm, v-dub? I'd probably still be in it right now.

Last edited:

Members online

Back