Dead Kickflips

Mongol Pete

Happy New Year ECX fans!

Anyone here who can help me troubleshoot some wee Kickflips and Beatbox models? There is power to the TX, but there doesn't seem to be power in the cars. I'll try different batts, but I figured there might be someone here who has gone thru this and might be able to save me some time. Thanks.

-MP

I would switch out the battery In the chassis. I have fixed two of mine by doing this. I guess this is a common issue with these micros. Unfortunately you will have to open it up, it's just a few screws. Its surprising how little these cars have to them. I just remove the battery completely. Cut the leads one at a time, so you can solder on a jst female connector and swap fresh batteries when you want. I use velcro or a rubber band to hold a new battery on the top side of the chassis. You should also be able to upgrade for better run time.Once you have eliminated this as a problem and while it's still apart I would move to your motor leads. They are very thin and can get nicked quite easily. Check that you have continuity between motor and board inside the chassis, mine looked fine but wasn't making. These two fixes worked for me. Let me know how it works out.

UPDATE!

Horizon Hobby has proven to be the best in the biz when it comes to customer service, yet again. I emailed them asking for advice to troubleshoot the used ebay Kickflips I bought from a private seller for VERY cheap. They replied that I should dispose of the Kickflips and will just send me a FREE 1/18 scale ECX Roost!

Awesome sauce!

Cheers HH!

They must not be supporting kickflips anymore. Either way, atleast they're helping you out. Hopefully the larger scale still lets you do what you wanted to do with the kickflip.

I'll still do what I can to get the wee Kickflips running for sure. I'm going to solder some JST connectors onto the boards tomorrow so I can try some 1s drone batts I have, 260mAh so should give lots of run time if I can get em to work. I also have one of the 3 TXs apart since the spring for the wheel doesn't work. I'll post any progress, as well as likely start a new thread once the Roost arrives. I'm sure I'll want to upgrade that to brushless and lipos at some point, but I'd like to play with it stock for a while. I will also likely try some FPV gear on it, which is what had me interested in the micro scales in the first place.

Thanks for stopping by

It doesn't take long to tear it apart but no instructions i hope thatll be help full

Thanks again. I hope it will be fun enough with the stock electronics. The only changes I want to make straight away are bearings at the wheels and different tires. Other than that, I plan to run it stock until it breaks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back