Decent Brushed motor upgrade

HIX

Just picked up a couple of these BTR kits for the boys and one for me of course. I see all the threads on the brushless setups and lipos/lvc. What I was wondering is if there is a bigger brushed motor that can be swapped in without to much modding that will make a significant difference in power/speed department? We'll go to the full brushless/esc/rx/lipo route eventually but I want them to get more time in first and earn the big upgrade

Oh and I saw some people talking about lube for the various parts and figured I would pass on a little trick we use on our helicopters and plastic linear actuators. Instead of spending big bucks on rc specific lube we just get Reel Butter from Walmart. It can be had in both oil and grease viscosity, won't harm plastic or metal and doesn't seem to turn gummy.

Anyway thanks in advance for the info

I use a Titan 12t motor. It gets way more power than stock, and isn't too expensive. I would estimate I got 27mph when I had the Titan as my only upgrade. You can also take a look at the 15t from Horizon.

Hmmm... I had mine in on the stock esc combo for about 5 months and never had a problem. I use a Hobbywing 1060 esc so I can run Lipo now, but used the stock esc for quite awhile.

Hmm...I swapped in a 15t from some other ecx and it was...OK. It's snowing so I can't really test. We'll see.

I wish there were decent BTR kits for the 4wd ones

Just wish it would really snow

Attachments

• IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 7
I installed a Dynamite 15-turn 550 brushed motor in my AMP MT. It's longer than the standard 15-T and thus provides a bit more torque. I've been running my truck with a LiPo (plus LV alarm) with the stock ESC/Rx and have not had a single problem. I gear the truck 20/87 (pinion/spur) and it rips! After about 45 mins driving at full-throttle in the dirt, the motor runs about 150 deg F (65 deg C) so I figure it's time for a break. I can run longer/cooler with an 18T pinion. But the extra speed provided by the LiPo and 20T pinion is addicting. :)

I installed a Dynamite 15-turn 550 brushed motor in my AMP MT. It's longer than the standard 15-T and thus provides a bit more torque. I've been running my truck with a LiPo (plus LV alarm) with the stock ESC/Rx and have not had a single problem. I gear the truck 20/87 (pinion/spur) and it rips! After about 45 mins driving at full-throttle in the dirt, the motor runs about 150 deg F (65 deg C) so I figure it's time for a break. I can run longer/cooler with an 18T pinion. But the extra speed provided by the LiPo and 20T pinion is addicting. :)
@i_r_beej Are there any tricks I can do to gain better performance out of my Amp's stock parts? I will be upgrading REAL slow over time. But for now want to know if and how I can milk all I can out of my Amp before spending hard earned dollars on upgrades. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back