Digital metal gear servo recommendations?

MADitto

Looking for recommendations for a titanium high tour digital servo. I think the analog servo is the reason my receiver went bad. The manual said you must use a digital servo, but did I listen?? NOPE! now I'm out a new 4210 AVC!! oh well, live and learn (I guess)

Also is the titanium that much better than just a metal gear?

My current CS high tour metal was working awesome, it was just analog.

I just don't want to buy it again after this.

So I picked up the Hi-tec: HS-7955TG High Torque, Titanium Gear, Coreless Ultra Premium Servo

Not really what I was looking to spend, but the only other digital servo my LHS had was a Traxxas and had a plastic gear.

Hopefully this thing last for the life of the truck..

7955 is a great servo. Did you add a BEC? Not sure what you are running for an ESC, but it might not be able to supply the current required for the servo and give you some brownouts.

The above are all great recommendations but they are, unfortunately, rather expensive for what you get. I can't recommend the Turnigy 1258TG servo highly enough. It outperforms the Savox 1258TG for about half the price. The Turnigy 1258TG is a rebranded PowerHD 8312TG which you can also find at various on-line vendors.

Also, check the specs on your ESC and the servo. You will likely NOT need a BEC (battery eliminator circuit). When I first got into this and was researching options I was ready to buy a BEC. However, after carefully considering the servo's requirements and the ESC's output it was obvious that the servo wouldn't come close to taxing the output of the ESC. (At least in my 2WD racing buggy application)

For example, before I switched to a brushless power system:
Dynamite ESC with a listed BEC output spec of 5V/2A. The Turnigy 1258 lists an operating voltage of 4.8V/6V and 300mA/400mA. This seems to fall within the Dynamite ESC's BEC output of 5V/2A.

My new HW ESC provides 6V/2A so that's even less of a worry.

Thanks guys. I have the Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 ESC. I talked with Horizon, the guy said with my ESC, there shouldn't be a problem. He said some other servos drain a lot of juice and cause a "brown out" in the in luckily event of an issues, I can add the BEC.

I was worried because according to there page the 4210 takes up two of the channels when AVC is active. I asked of that would prevent the BEC or Capacitor from working.

On another note, he said it is likely Spektrum is coming out with a 6 channel AVC receiver with full telemetry... that would be nice!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back