Drive shaft problems

RTX_Casey20014321M

I put a lot of power in to my 1/18 ruckus and keep breaking drive shafts. I was hoping some one would know of some upgrades to bullet proof it.

If they ever come back in stock Hot Racing makes steel cvd drive shafts https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=SECE288;c=860 they have been out of stock for a long long time though. I haven't seen them in stock since I first checked in August of 2021.

Your best bet right now is going to be loosening the slipper clutch enough to allow it to slip instead of snapping the driveshafts.

I run a Tenshock 2938 4850kv motor with a Hobbywing 10BL60 esc and I haven't broken any driveshafts on mine.

Last edited:
I did manage to get a hold of Hot Racing once and asked about the cvd shafts, albeit it was for the 1/10 scale cars, mainly the Torment, they were pretty confident about there not being anymore made in the foreseeable future.

You could look for some of the Chineesiem knock offs maybe try those?

I did manage to get a hold of Hot Racing once and asked about the cvd shafts, albeit it was for the 1/10 scale cars, mainly the Torment, they were pretty confident about there not being anymore made in the foreseeable future.

You could look for some of the Chineesiem knock offs maybe try those?
There are no Chinesium knock offs. Hot Racing was literally the only option.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back