ECX Amp Buggy ?

Music411

Last year I got an AMP MT.
I souped it up, brushless, metal gears, RPM parts, all that jazz.
Great truck for sure, I enjoy the durability of it.

A friend hooked me up with a Team Durango DX2E rollar for free a few months later. I fixed it up.
But I'm not enjoying it as much, I geuss as a racer buggy durability isn't a high priority in the build. I haven't broken anything yet but while I was fixing it up it seem the parts support for TD isnt amazing, whereas everyone has ECX parts.

This year I was think of scrapping the DX2E, and buying another AMP, but this time the buggy. Will it be as good as the MT in terms or fun and durability ? The DX2E is a nice car, but I cringe everytime I wipe out while driving it. That's why I'm looking at the AMP buggy.

Thanks.

I have both and the difference is very small. The buggy's front shock tower sometimes digs into the ground when you land on the lid, resulting in huge cartwheels, but it hasn't broken yet (stock drivetrain). My truck's a bit souped up (mild brushless, better servo, servo saver eliminator) so it handles more sweetly, but I really hate the slapping sound the truck body makes on big landings, lol.

Maybe not then. All the other buggies I have are lower clearance than a truck. I have a Boost which seems lower (it's not here now) and I thought the Amp buggy was the same. Now I see the Amp Buggy has bigger tires & wheels than the usual racing buggy--which is good! Thanks for the correction.

Here's a review of the Amp Buggy

Last edited:
The AMP buggy is virtually identical to the AMP MT. The only differences are the narrower front tires/wheels, rear body mounting post, body (of course), and rear wing.

The Boost buggy is more of a "traditional" buggy in that it has a narrower track, shorter wheelbase, and smaller wheels. Overall, just a little smaller.

Members online

No members online now.
Back