Ecx amp driveshafts keep snapping... Not sure what to do.

P0SEID0N2025

I have a 3000kv brushless ecx amp with all steel transmission and spur gear. But the driveshafts snapped and im not sure what upgrade i should get and i cant find any hot racing ones that aren't either out of stock or discontinued.

I have a 3000kv brushless ecx amp with all steel transmission and spur gear. But the driveshafts snapped and im not sure what upgrade i should get and i cant find any hot racing ones that aren't either out of stock or discontinued.
Its on a 3s lipo too, an ONYX brushless setup

Yeah the rear of the slash 4x4 driveshafts fit our trucks. Just have to get new 12mm hexes to to with them. A tight slipper clutch will increase the chances of breaking one, so loosening it will help.

Yeah the rear of the slash 4x4 driveshafts fit our trucks. Just have to get new 12mm hexes to to with them. A tight slipper clutch will increase the chances of breaking one, so loosening it will help.
Are any mods needed for them to fit? And also do i need to buy the slash pins for the wheel hexes as well?

Just drill out the hexes and ever so slightly sand the insides of the carriers

what part of the carriers will i need to sand down? do you have a picture of what part you sanded down?

Last edited:
basically you need a shim on each side and almost no sanding on the side of the carrier. When you first try to slide it in, it will not quite clear the 'cup' of the carrier

There are offsets for the 1 mm hexes. what does that mean and what size offsets should I get?

Latest posts

Members online

Back