ECX Amp not running

JM100

I’ve got 2x ECX AMP. One car is not running and I have deduced it is the receiver as I can get both transmitters to work on the other car. When I switch on the car the light in the receiver lights up so there is something happening but I cannot get it to bind or run with either of other transmitters. Any suggestions on how I could troubleshoot the issue?

When you say it won't bind, the lights on receiver don't turn green or stop blinking when binding?

What receiver, and what radio?
Hi Thanks for the response. I managed to resolve. I demounted the motor and then direct connected a battery. After a few secs the motor spluttered to life sending sand flying. I suspect in removing the motor I dislodged some sand that mush have been preventing the motor running.

case closed

Your were saying you had an binding issue?

Future info;
If you have steering, you are binded. Binding is between the radio and receiver, that is it. How you verify your good is through the servo.

ESC controls the motor and voltage.

ESC tend to need calibration to work properly too. Between calibrating of radio to ESC and ESC to motor.

I'm glad you figured it out.

Running brushed, I would use WD40 to clean your motor, it sounds dirty.

Your were saying you had an binding issue?

Future info;
If you have steering, you are binded. Binding is between the radio and receiver, that is it. How you verify your good is through the servo.

ESC controls the motor and voltage.

ESC tend to need calibration to work properly too. Between calibrating of radio to ESC and ESC to motor.

I'm glad you figured it out.

Running brushed, I would use WD40 to clean your motor, it sounds dirty.
Thanks for taking the time to respond and clarifying. I thought I had a binding issue I had no beep and no power, but in retrospect I hadn't tested the steering. I'll know for next time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back