ECX Doomsday Barrage scale truck

@zukicidal that thing looks awesome! Looks like it belongs in Twisted Metal lol.

As far as the tires go, either just buy a new set, or you can try to remove those with a little heat, or I hear acetone fumes work wonders for removing glue.

Got it out in the backyard in crawl mode. I don’t think it climbs quite as well as the Barrage but it’s more stable since it’s wider. And as far as I can see there’s absolutely no torque twist!

I don’t mean to say it climbs bad because it does great but the skinnier tires put more psi to the ground creating more traction.

Last edited:
I have to say I’m really impressed with it. I took it to the park by my house and it climbs the rocks like a champ. The only thing in the way is the front bumper.

I brought it home and swapped it to LiPo. The 1800/20c 2s battery feels lighter than the 900 NiMH battery and should last twice as long. I highly recommend this truck!

Nice to hear the good report! I saw one of the RTR's at the store the other day. But, I like the kit version and the doomsday now lol. I've already promised my youngest a pink and purple crawler, so I'm going to build a kit for her for Christmas.. might have to sneak in a doomsday at tax time haha!

Noticed the barrage has an SCX type chassis without the SCX price tag... very nice.

Interesting about the wheels/tires that they would do that. I guess that would be the first thing I would replace anyway.
Can't wait to see more under the hood!

I was just looking it over and there’s two more holes to lift the suspension by lowering the shocks. I also removed the bumpers and it looks sweet. Gonna go try it out again.

Hi...Nuno here from Portugal

Just ordered...

ECX BARRAGE DOOMSDAY

I have some mods in my head I hope to receive it in 10 working days and I will be posting some pics...

I'm going to try make "Monster Crawler Doomsday"...

Our

Something like that...

Latest posts

Members online

Back