ECX Drag Circuit or Drag AMP?

VonDave

Hey guys!

I was looking at what it takes to convert a regular TRXXS Slash into a Drag Slash; it seems that narrowing the track width front and rear by swapping the stock suspension (complete) to Bandit suspension seems to be all that it takes. Yes, maybe fiddling with the shocks and of course body mounts and swapping the wheels, oh, and the body...
Would something like that work for the Circuit/ AMP as well?
Changing out the arms and links with the ones from the Boost would seem logical?
I've not checked out many dragster body shells, but the ProLine Chevy C10 Pickup seems to have a wheelbase of 333mm. The Circuit/ AMP have 297. The ruckus chassis has 232.7.
So getting the chassis extender would seem to be top priority in order for the wheelbase to work.
Using the stock bodymounts from the 2WD Ruckus/ Torment could be an option.
The track width of the Boost seems to come close to that of the Drag Slash, so all in all a hybrid LWB Circuit/AMP - Boost would make a good alternative if you don't have TRXXS money like me:LOL:

Has anyone here gone that path of suspension swap? Has anyone got ideas or points that I've missed? Has anyone got detailed pics of their conversions?

-Dave

Hey guys!

I was looking at what it takes to convert a regular TRXXS Slash into a Drag Slash; it seems that narrowing the track width front and rear by swapping the stock suspension (complete) to Bandit suspension seems to be all that it takes. Yes, maybe fiddling with the shocks and of course body mounts and swapping the wheels, oh, and the body...
Would something like that work for the Circuit/ AMP as well?
Changing out the arms and links with the ones from the Boost would seem logical?
I've not checked out many dragster body shells, but the ProLine Chevy C10 Pickup seems to have a wheelbase of 333mm. The Circuit/ AMP have 297. The ruckus chassis has 232.7.
So getting the chassis extender would seem to be top priority in order for the wheelbase to work.
Using the stock bodymounts from the 2WD Ruckus/ Torment could be an option.
The track width of the Boost seems to come close to that of the Drag Slash, so all in all a hybrid LWB Circuit/AMP - Boost would make a good alternative if you don't have TRXXS money like me:LOL:

Has anyone here gone that path of suspension swap? Has anyone got ideas or points that I've missed? Has anyone got detailed pics of their conversions?

-Dave

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_150414763.jpg
    IMG_20210914_150414763.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210914_144817840.jpg
    IMG_20210914_144817840.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 12
Nice!
Too bad I don't have fb, or else I would look into it; for now I can only assume you've used the Circuit/ AMP arms etc in stead of the Boost items?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back