ECX Temper How To: 4 wheel steering mod

I chose to upgrade he servos as I wasn't to thrilled with the amount of push they had. Ordered a Hobbywing Quickrun 1625 for the ESC (as well as a waterproof receiver housing). converting the lower links to more of a 4 link setup has helped with my TT. Still need to do the upper links (split the wishbone), but haven't completely made up my mind on how I want to do it yet, as it involves relocating the shocks as well and fabricating some kind of mount on the axles

I chose to upgrade he servos as I wasn't to thrilled with the amount of push they had. Ordered a Hobbywing Quickrun 1625 for the ESC (as well as a waterproof receiver housing). converting the lower links to more of a 4 link setup has helped with my TT. Still need to do the upper links (split the wishbone), but haven't completely made up my mind on how I want to do it yet, as it involves relocating the shocks as well and fabricating some kind of mount on the axles
Could u post some pics when your done

20160104_233630.jpg

That's where I'm at now. I'd be happy to upload as I progress/finish the 4 link. If you search some of the other RC forums for the maxstone exceed, there's a lot of info there as well (identical chassis setup, same with the redcat everest-16).

20160104_233630.jpg

That's where I'm at now. I'd be happy to upload as I progress/finish the 4 link. If you search some of the other RC forums for the maxstone exceed, there's a lot of info there as well (identical chassis setup, same with the redcat everest-16).
Looks good i have a old everest 16 that's where i got my steering arm from lol i was thinking of doing some mods to it and if it works transfer them to the temper the everest has broke gears so i dont use it your mods are looking good im going to tinker with mine this weekend

Lucky you. wish I had a spare chassis to modify. I ordered several exceed steering arms for the ends for the 4link, they're $1.95 on nitrorcx.com vs like $7.95 for em on horizon hobby for the temper.

I had an everest-16 that I returned (ESC was fried out of the box), and I liked the tread pattern better. I hvae heard that the everest tires might be glued to the rims? I've actually got a set of these on the way. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YRRFYCQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

1.9s that are about 10mm bigger tire diameter. I pulled the foam outa the temper tires, an put 60 zinc bbs in front and 24 in the back. (had lead weights but they were oxidizing from moisture in the tires). Also added 1oz to both axles in the form of sticky backed lead weights from the LHS.

I had an everest-16 that I returned (ESC was fried out of the box), and I liked the tread pattern better. I hvae heard that the everest tires might be glued to the rims? I've actually got a set of these on the way. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YRRFYCQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

1.9s that are about 10mm bigger tire diameter. I pulled the foam outa the temper tires, an put 60 zinc bbs in front and 24 in the back. (had lead weights but they were oxidizing from moisture in the tires). Also added 1oz to both axles in the form of sticky backed lead weights from the LHS.
Awsome i got a set of everest 16 tires they was just held on with the beadlocks but i might give them a try and ill to the bb trick also

I finally completed my 4ws mod today. Am I the only one who feels like the truck is more capable climbing obstacles without the extra servo? It seems like I cant climb near as well as before since the rear twists then I lose traction and slide off. I just used the signal reverser so I cant turn it on and off. I think I might go back to 2ws

I finally completed my 4ws mod today. Am I the only one who feels like the truck is more capable climbing obstacles without the extra servo? It seems like I cant climb near as well as before since the rear twists then I lose traction and slide off. I just used the signal reverser so I cant turn it on and off. I think I might go back to 2ws

I would recommend the 3ch 4ws mod. if you don't want to do that try playing with your steering rate so your not going full lock on the steering. the temper can def get a little unruly in 4ws with its short heel base.

Can you show some pictures of that set up?

Looking to stick with the stock motor, but I would like to replace the esc to connect to my fly sky tx (so I can run independent front and rear steer ) any suggestions on esc to pick ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back