ECX Temper Picture Gallery

IMG_3823.jpg
This is my Frankenstein. The running gear (Tranny, axles, suspension) is Temper, the Frame is Integy SCX-10 (cut shorter at both ends) w/Axial frame cross members and shock mounts, the Skid Plate and Bumper mounts are from the Barrage.
So pretty much I built my own Barrage with a shorter wheelbase (8.5")

Proline 72 Chevy C10 body, Gmade Rims, cheap Chinese ripoff Dick Cepak Mud Country tires and some 8mm wideners.

IMG_3824.jpg

Last edited:
got the toyota body on, shocks messed with... need better suspension but the thing wheels pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 32
got the toyota body on, shocks messed with... need better suspension but the thing wheels pretty good.
Nice!
Don’t order the hot racing air shocks with internal springs. I’m not too happy and having a hard time keeping the left from torque twist. I added fuel line in there as well but still not helping much

Loving this thing, and this wonderful forum!

Came to the 1/18 Temper late in the game, but this popped up on eBay in like new condition, with a few aluminum upgrades, and they took my first offer! ;-)

Added the HR rear lock outs, HR front hubs, HR drag link, 1.9 plastic beadlocks w/ super swamper clones, quicrun 1080 ESC, flysky gt3c transmitter/rec, Amazon 20kg metal gear servo, turnigy 1700mah 2s, weights in front wheels, stock motor and gearing, etc.

I was really surprised at the amount of torque twist this thing had so I rotated the transmission/motor, and doubled up the internal springs on the HR shocks. It's a trade off between a loss of some softness and articulation (still easily gets more than 45°), but an increase in tire contact while climbing and what seems like better weight distribution. The twist is completely gone in every situation except those likely impossible/almost vertical climbing attempts, which is fine by me!

Attachments

• 20180409_210658-01.jpeg
    20180409_210658-01.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20180409_202912-01.jpeg
    20180409_202912-01.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20180410_193245-01.jpeg
    20180410_193245-01.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 38
Loving this thing, and this wonderful forum!

Came to the 1/18 Temper late in the game, but this popped up on eBay in like new condition, with a few aluminum upgrades, and they took my first offer! ;-)

Added the HR rear lock outs, HR front hubs, HR drag link, 1.9 plastic beadlocks w/ super swamper clones, quicrun 1080 ESC, flysky gt3c transmitter/rec, Amazon 20kg metal gear servo, turnigy 1700mah 2s, weights in front wheels, stock motor and gearing, etc.

I was really surprised at the amount of torque twist this thing had so I rotated the transmission/motor, and doubled up the internal springs on the HR shocks. It's a trade off between a loss of some softness and articulation (still easily gets more than 45°), but an increase in tire contact while climbing and what seems like better weight distribution. The twist is completely gone in every situation except those likely impossible/almost vertical climbing attempts, which is fine by me!
I found some nice springs that work perfect for this shocks. If you want here is the link
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/142678008728
I also used the silicone lube recommended by HR for the absorber.

Nice!
Don’t order the hot racing air shocks with internal springs. I’m not too happy and having a hard time keeping the left from torque twist. I added fuel line in there as well but still not helping much
try flipping your transmission and motor around a hundred eighty degrees this will help significantly

Nice!
try turning the transmission and motor around a hundred eighty degrees this will help significantly with torque twist

Here's my Gen2. Upgraded wheels, servo, battery and re-built the stock shocks. Loads of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_6213.jpg
    IMG_6213.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Members online

Back