Ecx torment conversation and question

Harvick900

hey guys! I am new with this hobby and very interested. I'm thinking I want a torment as my first car, the $150 k&n edition to be specific but I want to drive it one the beach (myrtle) which is very loose unpacked sand and I'm afraid of getting it in the gears etc and it breaking or being junk! How am I 100% sand proof it and make sure it didn't get sand inside of it?

Honestly it's fairly sand proof right out of the box. I have two Amps which have very similar drivetrains, and I like to run them on the beach as well. I think he harder packed section is more fun than the loose stuff.

You're going to need some solid tire and motor upgrades to make it really fly through the dune sand though. My diff and slipper clutch have never had sand in them though, and the motor can take some abuse. You can replace the motor for like $13 anyway.

HhahahhHh
Honestly it's fairly sand proof right out of the box. I have two Amps which have very similar drivetrains, and I like to run them on the beach as well. I think he harder packed section is more fun than the loose stuff.

You're going to need some solid tire and motor upgrades to make it really fly through the dune sand though. My diff and slipper clutch have never had sand in them though, and the motor can take some abuse. You can replace the motor for like $13 anyway. haha thanks I think I can spare $13

Since you seem very educated on the matter, ill just ask you. I'm new to this lol so don't laugh too much but I'd like to put big tires and wheels on it and for this truck but as I'm sure you know I need to put them out from the sides of the truck for them to fit, only question is... How do I do so? Lol I don't know how to set them out to the sides. Help?

Since you seem very educated on the matter, ill just ask you. I'm new to this lol so don't laugh too much but I'd like to put big tires and wheels on it and for this truck but as I'm sure you know I need to put them out from the sides of the truck for them to fit, only question is... How do I do so? Lol I don't know how to set them out to the sides. Help?

Either you will need hub extensions or wheels with an offset. Either way, you will likely need to re-gear to compensate. Be careful, you may stress your drivetrain.

Very wise advice... Also thanks to both of you, I love how in this little community on this website it seems as if everyone knows one another But ya I was just wondering. I saw this one that had been turned into a low set monster truck lol I love the torment k&n edition. I'm thinking about putting "badlands" tires on it. I saw em on the Internet.

If I were you I'd look into the other conversion as well. Buy a ruckus and put the K&N torment body on it (it's like $45, which is similar to a set of wheels and tires).

If I were you I'd look into the other conversion as well. Buy a ruckus and put the K&N torment body on it (it's like $45, which is similar to a set of wheels and tires).

Depends on if he likes the bumper set from the torment, because he would have to swap that over as well if he did. Truly, it all depends on what his end result expectations are.

I don't know... But I have thought about it and if I wanted to put big deep dish wheels and tires on it and set them out from the sides I might as well buy a temper and put the k&n body on it... However I do like how the temper is small. Like I said I'm new to this hobby so I am not sure about lots of things but I don't know what tired for what wheels. So any 1/10 tires for any 1/10 wheels?
Depends on if he likes the bumper set from the torment, because he would have to swap that over as well if he did. Truly, it all depends on what his end result expectations are.

The temper is a much different animal from the torment and ruckus. The temper is a crawler, so you won't get the racer/ bashing driving you will with the other two (without alot of mods).

Members online

No members online now.
Back