ecx torment or traxxas slash

rcbilly

I am wanting to get one of these short course trucks but I am not sure which direction I should go.

ECX Torment - I like the price point and the controller but kinda concerned about the speed of the truck.

traxxas slash - I think the slash would be faster based on what I have read so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

@rcbilly both the ECX Torment and Traxxas Slash are great short course trucks. Speed really shouldn't be a concern for either as you can also adjust that through gearing and/or motors (such as brushless motors).

Really the biggest difference between the two is going to be the aftermarket parts that's available for the Slash compared to the ECX Torment. That said there are aftermarket parts available for the ECX Torment. One of my favorite items for nearly any RC would be parts from RPM Products - their stuff is darn near bulletproof and they carry several parts for the ECX Torment.

thank you woodie for the response. looking around online it seems the slash only ten dollars more and more aftermarket parts can only be a good problem. looks like i have some thinking to do.

thank you woodie for the response. looking around online it seems the slash only ten dollars more and more aftermarket parts can only be a good problem. looks like i have some thinking to do.

Curious to find out what you decided on?

My thought is some parts are just really unnecessary to upgrade like the ones prone to breakage/bending (ie, some aluminum suspension parts, spur gears, etc. As long as there is some kind of performance upgrade for a car, I'm satisfied. Part of the fun in the hobby is Frankensteining and making it your own. I'd rather invest that money towards my next car purchase because these things are like canned potato chips. Can't have just one!

I have a 2wd slash right now. Im looking at another short course truck and the more i look the more i like the ecx.

Funny. I had this exact same question just recently. It was suggested to me (over at RC Groups) that I might look into racing in a Slash category as that is apparently a thing and some tracks actually have a stock Slash category... just for the Slash.

However, at my local indoor track I asked the track operator about an SCT or Slash-only category he said that he runs a SCT category (running any kind of truck) and suggested the Torment. And after reading that BigSquid comparison I'm impressed! Add in the fact that I already have a bunch of spare parts and the commonality with my Boost and it just seems like a win-win decision.

Members online

No members online now.
Back