Four wheel steering!

Since I've busted a couple of axle shafts hotrodding around on 3s, I wound up with enough extra parts to run a front set of cvds in the rear of my truck. Coupled with the extra knuckles and c hubs and servo mount, I've got everything installed and ready to rock! I run my truck with my Futaba T6J transmitter that I use to fly fpv quads with socive got some interesting options on controlling the rear steer. I should be able to program a few custom mixes on the radio that will give me the ability to crab sideways, lock the steering at center, or steer opposite the front axle.

Either proportionally to the front or at a custom rate. I think it'll be pretty cool. Here's a couple of quick photos I took tonight putting it together. It's not rocket science, just a front axle flipped 180 degrees. The challenge will be the programming and learning how to use it effectively.

I've been thinking of the same thing except with a stock tx. I plan to use a splitter on the servo line combines with a switch. If I use a three position switch I can match, neutralize, or reverse the steering. Of course I'd have to neutralize it while the input is centered. One thing that has me though is that a 3 pos. switch would kill power to the servo when neutral so it wouldn't be able to correct for slipping while banging it about.

Latest posts

Members online

Back