Fried another ESC why

For those that may read this thread just I just want to share a pic of a 120a Goolrc esc to show it's not waterproof.

fgz882W.jpg
Is that the s120? The s series don't say waterproof. Could conformal coat it. I've been eyeing the 120 now too. Currently have a 60 in both my trucks, 3100kv is fine with the 60, my 3900 i want to change to 120 esc and a larger can, with lower kv.

Is that the s120? The s series don't say waterproof. Could conformal coat it. I've been eyeing the 120 now too. Currently have a 60 in both my trucks, 3100kv is fine with the 60, my 3900 i want to change to 120 esc and a larger can, with lower kv.

I know it does not say it's waterproof just wanted anybody that may be wondering about it. The 80a and the 120a are not waterproof. You can waterproof it however you choose the pic is just for reference. Wnen using 3s I prefer the 80a and 120a esc's with anything over 3300kv. The 60a will work but its risky just depends how hard you are working the motor. I have thermaled Hobbywnig esc's but never had one go up in smoke. I will keep buying these cheap esc's though I just don't expect to push them real hard and for them to last. I use the 80a and 120a with 3660 motors on 3s they do fine.

Yeah even some of the 60a aren't waterproof. The red ones that look like the 120 aren't, although I've gotten mine drenched, and even hosed it down while plugged in, and it's still running fine (really didn't expect it still work). I only can get about 15 minutes running 3s on the 3900kv 3650 before it gets too hot, which isn't too bad, but ideally I'd like to get twice that time, about a whole battery pack, before I gotta let it cool, which is why I want to go to the 3660 and 120a combo. And I don't plan on hosing the 120 esc.

Well I got my 4wd today it's brushed but it won't be for long.... I did finally fix my 2wd it is faster than it was be for I put a GPS on it and it did 62 mph I haven't put it on there since I put the ESC but I know it's faster because the front tires s2ell up like the back when it gets up in speed

The grey one is a beast the 4wd is brushed but won't be for long

Attachments

• IMG_20180727_214431.jpg
    IMG_20180727_214431.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 6
Well I got my 4wd today it's brushed but it won't be for long.... I did finally fix my 2wd it is faster than it was be for I put a GPS on it and it did 62 mph I haven't put it on there since I put the ESC but I know it's faster because the front tires s2ell up like the back when it gets up in speed

Glad to see you are getting to a point where you will be happy 62mph is plenty for a 2wd truck and trenchers are not made for speed runs.

Jesus 62 is fast. Let us know how the 4wd one holds up with a brushless set up, and what your opinion of it is. My next purchase will be a 4wd too.

I like how the 4wd sits lower to the ground so it's got a lower center of gravity so I think it will take the speed alot better the 120a ESC work great that's in my 2wd from GOOLRC I cant wait to get another GOOLRC ESC to put in the 4wd and put the motor that came with the 2wd in it I think it will be plenty fast enough if not I will buy another motor... But I think the 2wd drive is a little faster with the 120a ESC because the motor can take what it needs with out a problem it's crazy fast I can't wait to out the gps on it and see how fast it goes with 3s and put the goolrc programmer on it and turn it up and see what it will do

The motor still getting a little too hot though so I'm gonna try to gear it down I should get my gears in the mail tomorrow or Monday I already put a 85t spur gear it still has the stock pinion 25t so I will go down in 2 increments till I'm.happy with how hot the motor is or I may just leave it if I burn up the motor then I will get another one and gear it down then lol.... it's fun as it is specially on dirt

I take it to the bmx track all the time and it's really fun but I think the 4wd will handle it better it may sit lower to the ground but it handles so much better

And I'm gonna put the trenchers on the 4wd

Oh and steering on the 4wd is alot better

[QUOTE = "Aero1987, poste: 14637, membre: 1471"] Oh et la direction sur le 4wd est beaucoup mieux [/ QUOTE]
Elle n'est pas terrible il faut investir dans un servi moteur plus puissant.

Fried another ESC this is getting redickless now

How?

I am beginning to think it is something you are doing wrong. Are you doing your own soldering on any of the connectors? Are any of the connectors hot when the esc fries? I see the old motor connectors were 3,5mm bullets so I assume you soldered on 4mm bullets to match the esc or vise versa right? Check all of your connectors. Hard to tell what your doing wrong but somethings not right. I use the 120a Goolrc with a 3660 4300kv motor on 3s for multiple 3s packs have not fried it yet. Maybe it is your lipo I doubt it but I guess it could be. Hard to say on a back and forth internet forum.

It comes with all the connectors on it I don't have to solder anything

I think the 3s lipo battery is too much it's a 11.1v 5200mAh 50C the brand is arrowRC PRO LIPO so it may be too much

Or it may be the motor because 8 didn't have ant problems till I changed to the 4000kv tazer brushless

I think the 3s lipo battery is too much it's a 11.1v 5200mAh 50C the brand is arrowRC PRO LIPO so it may be too much

I even had a buddy of mine that works on rc cars and trucks i just got off the phone with him explained how I did it and he said I didn't do anything wrong he thinks the lipo battery is too much for the motor

I just looked at you other thread https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/what-colors-go-to-what.1818/#post-14647. Esc connectors are 4mm motor connectors are 3.5mm. Why did you crimp the esc connectors? You can't do that and expect a proper connection the connectors (plugs) have to be the same size. Do you know how to solder? Solder on the same connectors so they match 4mm or 3.5mm but 4mm would be best. Also you are overgeared with a 25t pinion.

Here is a pic from your other thread
1ID8TXz.jpg

Yes I know how to solder... I got a hobby wing speed control this time with the right connection to the motor all I have to do is solder the plug for the battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180729-200040.png
    Screenshot_20180729-200040.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 5
Why is the connector crimped then? The esc comes with 4mm plugs (I know I have that esc) your motor has 3.5mm plugs.

The hobby wing ESC that i have coming is the right size connecters to the motor the other one didn't so that may have been the problem because I did crimped it

The hobby wing ESC that i have coming is the right size connecters to the motor the other one didn't so that may have been the problem because I did crimped it

Theres your problem right there a bad connection is like sucking soda through a coffee straw. To be on the safe side you might want to get lower C rated battery but at least 30C and drop down to a lower size pinion and work your way up. I really don't think the battery is the problem but I guess something like at least a 3000mah 30c rated battery just to eliminate the constant thinking the battery is too strong but you don't want it to weak either.

It's not the battery, it was that crimped connection. It wouldn't be able to hold the amps of the motor draw, causing it to heat up, which causes more resistance, which causes more amp draw, till it fries the esc. A high c battery isn't going to force amps into your esc, it'll only push out what's asked of it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back