Fried another ESC why

But what about the other 3 speed controls they all had the right connecters and still burned up 2 tazer ESC and some cheap no name one.... I didn't have this problem till I changed the motor from 3300kv to 4000kv Same type tazer that comes with the truck just more kv

Last edited:
More kv is more amps. My 3900kv motor draws 69 amps, which would fry a 60 amp esc with your battery. I think I read you fried 120a ones too? Small chance there is an issue with your battery. You balance charge it and check individual cell voltage? Like heyitsme said earlier, battery won't push more amps then the motor draws. Better chance is bad luck with the cheap under spec escs. Also check there is no resistance in the driveline, I doubt that's the issue but good thing to keep an eye out for.

Okay thanks don't think the battery is bad it's brand new been charged maybe 5 times... i think Just haven bad luck with ESC and I did make mistake cripping the connection to the motor think that's really what did it on that ESC lol but I have a buddy that works at a RC hobby shop so im going to have him put in the next ESC and see how he does it and see if there was anything else I did wrong...

Last edited:
Make sure your connectors match 3.5mm are smaller in diameter and shorter than 4mm connectors. Do not crimp a 4mm connector to fit a 3.5mm connector. Always use the same size connectors.

Comparison pic.

IMG_20180729_193135_LI.jpg

Okay I won't make that mistake again... Lol

Last edited:
What is a good motor ESC combo that I can buy together so I don't have to keep going through this with the ESC

Are you willing to solder new battery connectors? Goolrc escs 45a (but get at least a 80a esc) and above come with 4mm plugs. Just get a motor with 4mm plugs and other than maybe the battery connector you will be set. If you don't mind taking a chance a Goolrc combo will do. If you want something more reliable go with a Hobbywing or Castle combo. Other than the battery plug combos are plug and play. It depends on how much you are willing to spend. Goolrc less than $100 Hobbywing and Castle around $100 or more.

Okay I got my ESC and soldered everything now my front wheels are not turning how do I adjust the slipper cluch

Never mind figured out what is was the set screw came lose on the main drive shaft that connects to the slipper cluch

I got 4mm connecters and soldered them on the wires from the motor and soldered the the battery connecter that I run... I did it the right way this time I will post pictures tomorrow

Just a note always make sure your motor wires will NOT short out because it can and most likely will fry the esc.

Don’t ask how I know:rolleyes:

I don’t know maybe you had a metal spur with big teeth probably could crack small shafts:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back