Fried the ESC in my Roost. Options?

nate94gt

I bought a roost a couple of weeks ago. ive only run, maybe 2 batteries through it (2000 20c 2s lipo). The slipper wasn't working so the rear differential took a lot of abuse and was clicking. So I took it apart, shimmed the gears, and put it back together. When I went to go drive it, I turned it on and the beeps were very quiet and muffled. I tried accelerating and there was nothing there. I tried turning, nothing. I swapped out the ESC with the one in my Temper and it worked great.

So, the ESC is bad. Do I have any options for a replacement other than stock? im surprised it took a crap so quickly.

ESC in my Amp did the exact same thing. Also ran fine until I packed it up, and next time out the beeps are hardly audible and it doesn't run. I bought a very cheap ($9? I can't remember) waterproof brushed ESC from ebay and a new radio (flysky gt3c for around $40).

It's not all lost money, your new transmitter can still serve when you upgrade to brushless. And if you get one with model memory so you can use it for all your RCs if you buy extra receivers (for under $5 on ebay).

Cool thanks, I'll check it out. I also bought a 4x4 brushed ruckus yesterday lol, so I imagine I could bind the ESC to the ruckus's transmitter. I called hh about my ESC since it's less than a month old and they were kind enough to send me a new one, but I think I should order a spare is they're that cheap.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back