Full right on power on.

My stock 2WD Ruckus (ECX2000S) has been in the box for a few years. When I boxed up the truck, everything was working perfectly. Needing to get back into the hobby, I bought a new 5000mAH battery (figured the stock battery was dead - I was right) and charger. When I powered up the truck the steering turned full right and twitched. Trimming the steering did not help. When I reversed the steering on the remote the steering goes hard left.

If I power everything off, manually center the steering, and power on the truck, the steering stays centered. Power on the transmitter and the steering goes full right.

I have tried rebinding the transmitter and the same condition happens.

My guess is that there is something amiss with the transmitter. I can not find a manual for the ECX9010 transmitter or the ECX 9011 receiver. Anyone know if there is a fix or do I need to purchase a new transmitter and/or receiver?

Thanks!

Try undoing the servo horn, then turning on the transmitter making sure there's no trim on the steering. Then centre the steering with the transmitter still on. Then reattach the servo horn.

The servo should have gone to it's neutral position when you powered on the transmitter which is where you want it for centred steering.

That worked until I turn the transmitter full left. The tires go full left, twitch and then go full right. When I let go of the transmitter the the front wheels go back to straight.

I also opened a ticket with Horizon Hobbies and received:
From the description of the issue the servo seems to be bad. Is the motor/esc responding to the transmitter? Please reply for further evaluation. Thank you for your recent contact with Horizon Hobby.​
Completely surprised to receive a response on a Sunday.

Do servos just go bad sitting or could this be a problem caused by my new battery?

Electronics can go bad from sitting. Oxidation can form within the electronics causing an issue. The problem could exist in the servo, the transmitter, or receiver.

The servo is probably the cheapest out of the three. So you can start there.

It is the transmitter, I had the same thing happen to my Flysky FSGT2 radio. I tried it in 2 different vehicles with 2 different receivers and I even ended up burning up one of my steering servos.

My gut says it is a transmitter issue since it only happens after I turn on the transmitter, but I can kind of see how it might be a servo also.

Any chance there is a currently available transmitter that will work with the receiver in the truck or will I need to (possibly should I) replace the transmitter and receiver?

Also, any recommendations on a replacement server. May want to have one the toolbox for now or later.

Thanks!

I run a Power HD 1501MG and it has been awesome. It was $12 or so. Someone else on here bought the Power HD 9001MG recently and also liked it. Otherwise someting from Hitec, Futaba or Savox is a safe bet but they are more expensive.

I ordered a Spektrum DX4C transmitter with a SR410 receiver and a Rage RC S142-16-6VM. This should fix my issue no matter the cause. To find the root cause I plan to try binding the new transmitter first, then replace the servo, then finally the receiver. I will follow up with which one corrects the problem.

Thanks for comments and advice!

My gut says it is a transmitter issue since it only happens after I turn on the transmitter, but I can kind of see how it might be a servo also.

Any chance there is a currently available transmitter that will work with the receiver in the truck or will I need to (possibly should I) replace the transmitter and receiver?

Also, any recommendations on a replacement server. May want to have one the toolbox for now or later.

Thanks!
I am running one of these in my Ruckus and one in my Summit, I had both in my Summit for a bit but the bec in the EVX-2 can't handle both of them. It is a tad overkill for the Ruckus but they have both been working great since the beginning of February. Way better than the Towerdpro MG996R that I had in it before. Btw DO NOT buy the MG996R servos, they are complete crap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222170203881

Last edited:
Found out that the Spektrum DX4C transmitter would not bind to the stock ECX9011 receiver. So I replaced the receiver with the one that came with the DX4C. All of my problems immediately went away. Not sure which it was, but I am betting it was the transmitter since the the full right did not happen until the transmitter was powered on.

Since I also had gotten a new Rage servo in case it was the servo, I decided to try it out also. I immediately noticed that it is a lot quieter (not sure that matters). When I ran my truck the steering seemed to be to quicker than with the stock electronics. I need to either slow down on the wheel or see if I can make some adjustments with the transmitter.

Thanks to those who commented with ideas and recommendations.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back