G2 Barrage Durability

Mongol Pete

I have had a very negative experience with this truck, and I'm just looking for some upgrades that might help. The axle driveshafts in particular seem to be really weak.

Are there upgrades available for steel axle driveshafts? If not, what durable axles fit well please?

Thanks,
MP

31960546_10156649479789767_116432865427718144_o (1).jpg 30714902_10156589024874767_579374226188795904_o.jpg 32562053_10156666896974767_6318038437358206976_o.jpg

I have had a very negative experience with this truck, and I'm just looking for some upgrades that might help. The axle driveshafts in particular seem to be really weak.

Are there upgrades available for steel axle driveshafts? If not, what durable axles fit well please?

Thanks,
MP

View attachment 3531 View attachment 3532 View attachment 3533
This is a very common problem with these trucks mine has always broken ar that same spot or the little pin falls out. I know there is another truck from the UK that is exactly the same and it has more parts under that name I just can't remember it at the moment. When I remember I will let you know. But you are not alone. I like this truck but it gets old quick when the same 30$ part breaks every time

Thanks,
MP

View attachment 3531 View attachment 3532 View attachment 3533
There are some wider axles that fit good on the barrage. But again I can't remember what brand.

Horizon has been great up to this point. However, now they are suggesting that I send in the axle driveshafts to be 'evaluated'. I think the field testing has been done, and more and more Barrage (especially G2 kit) owners are discovering that the axle driveshafts might as well be made of plastic. Great little budget-oriented truck, but something needs to be done about the weak axles IMO

My rear axle bent at the hex/hub pin hole. Straightened it in a vice as carefully as possible, and so far so good.

My rear axle bent at the hex/hub pin hole. Straightened it in a vice as carefully as possible, and so far so good.
Caught my lil poop nephew driving my beloved truck in full reverse down hill on the street. I watched in horror as he crammed it full throttle so he could do some super rad gutter bunny stunts. As he is 15, I expected more. I yelled at his ass, and he did it two more times. I dropped him with a left, and managed to snatch my now flying controller with my right. My next move was to take command of my now limping truck, and peal out on the tears pouring from his eyes before he had time to hide. Lol, I’m sorry. I made that all up. I’m pretty sure I bent the axle jumping off the roof. Haha there I go again. Seriously though, an aftermarket alternative, or a tougher part from ECX is starting to look necessary. I’m really not sure how my passenger side rear wheel started wobbling, but I am sure that my nephew and I didn’t really do anything crazy enough to justify a bent axle. Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with as a reliable replacement. It’s probably only a matter of time before I break it. ps I don’t really beat my nephew lol

Caught my lil poop nephew driving my beloved truck in full reverse down hill on the street. I watched in horror as he crammed it full throttle so he could do some super rad gutter bunny stunts. As he is 15, I expected more. I yelled at his ass, and he did it two more times. I dropped him with a left, and managed to snatch my now flying controller with my right. My next move was to take command of my now limping truck, and peal out on the tears pouring from his eyes before he had time to hide. Lol, I’m sorry. I made that all up. I’m pretty sure I bent the axle jumping off the roof. Haha there I go again. Seriously though, an aftermarket alternative, or a tougher part from ECX is starting to look necessary. I’m really not sure how my passenger side rear wheel started wobbling, but I am sure that my nephew and I didn’t really do anything crazy enough to justify a bent axle. Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with as a reliable replacement. It’s probably only a matter of time before I break it. ps I don’t really beat my nephew lol

Hi Jason,

I'm relieved to learn that you did not beat your nephew over a Barrage. Now, if it were a proper crawler, I could see beating his ass a bit for pulling that bullsh*t ;)

Anyway, Horizon's position so far is that they are not recognizing the butter-soft axles as a problem. I guess enough people haven't complained to make it official. They want me to send my axles in to be 'evaluated'. I might, just to see if they own up and support the sh*t they sold me. As far as a long-term solution? I am planning to put a set of OG SCX10 axles under my truck.

Hi Jason,

I'm relieved to learn that you did not beat your nephew over a Barrage. Now, if it were a proper crawler, I could see beating his ass a bit for pulling that bullsh*t ;)

Anyway, Horizon's position so far is that they are not recognizing the butter-soft axles as a problem. I guess enough people haven't complained to make it official. They want me to send my axles in to be 'evaluated'. I might, just to see if they own up and support the sh*t they sold me. As far as a long-term solution? I am planning to put a set of OG SCX10 axles under my truck.
Nice plan, can’t wait to see how that works for you. I will definitely be joining you with a call to customer service if my axles break. Hopefully they will last till I can get the new Deadbolt. Then I’ll be able to smack that kid fo real bahaha!

My Barrage Gen2, which is about 5 months old now, has not had any issues with the axles. But the steering servo is marginal and I already replaced it with a Hitec with twice the torque. Really love the little truck for what it is, an entry level trail crawler. Been in RC for many years and wanted to try out crawling - I'm hooked. Next crawler will be an Axial or Traxxas.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back