Gearing

P0SEID0N2025

So i have my ecx amp going 62mph on a 3300kv brushless motor (3s) and a 28t pinion gear. If i want to have a little more torque but have similar ish speeds, what gearing should i go for? 24t pinion? 26? 21? Also I'm using modded driveshafts that were cut down to fit the ecx amp, they were from a redcat gen8 and they work pretty good But not as strong as full metal... any ideas to what gearing i should use to get 55mph out of it and not break driveshafts constantly or burning up slipper pads constantly? Or should i keep it the same and just deal with the slight lack of torque?

So i have my ecx amp going 62mph on a 3300kv brushless motor (3s) and a 28t pinion gear. If i want to have a little more torque but have similar ish speeds, what gearing should i go for? 24t pinion? 26? 21? Also I'm using modded driveshafts that were cut down to fit the ecx amp, they were from a redcat gen8 and they work pretty good But not as strong as full metal... any ideas to what gearing i should use to get 55mph out of it and not break driveshafts constantly or burning up slipper pads constantly? Or should i keep it the same and just deal with the slight lack of torque?
I would buy a pinion gear set, they sell them in odd or even numbers of 5 gear's most of the time. That way you can try different ones instead of buying them individually. They're pretty cheap also. That's if you don't already have those sizes. I'd try 23 or 24 that's I have on mine with 4370kv lots of torque & fast, haven't done a speed test on it though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back