Help, when I start my ECX ruckus, it doesn't make the beeping sound anymore.

RC_BOSS!65

When I start my ECX ruckus, it doesn't make the beeping sound anymore. I think my esc or my receiver is broken. I tried switching my esc, and receiver. Both failed to work. I tried to rebind my car. Failed to make a difference. Need help, Please!

The noise (beeps) come from the motor replace your motor it's probably shot. If it's brushed check the motor by connecting the motor leads directly to a battery and see if the motor spins if it doesn't replace the motor. If you can control your steering the rx is already bound to the transmitter so that's not a problem.

Thanks for the help. I'll try switching my motor. I've had so many problems with my car that i think i just want to get a ecx torment and sell my car. But in the end I'm learning something each time I have to repair my car. :)

Thanks for the help. I'll try switching my motor. I've had so many problems with my car that i think i just want to get a ecx torment and sell my car. But in the end I'm learning something each time I have to repair my car. :)

If you have to get another motor try a 12t Titan 550 Traxxas motor. The 15t 540 runs too hot even when geared lower that on top of running the large tires on the Ruckus burns up the motor. The Torment is the same as the Ruckus just has smaller SCT tires and different body. I have to say just get a brushless motor like a 3650 3100kv motor and at least 45a esc and you will be a lot happier IMHO. Heres an example https://www.ebay.com/itm/SurpassHob...=item2ab8faa6d5:g:o20AAOSw1SdbyH54:rk:33:pf:0

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing and it was the motor. Mine was only 2-3 days old at the time. So my LHS was kind enough to just swap out the motor for a new one. Interestingly, the new ran better immediately. I mean, it was great before, but it drove like it had an upgraded motor in it. Same model was swapped. I’m wondering if I had a defective one from the start.

Anyway, the guy at the shop said it’s typical for these brushed motors to burn up real quick when you switch it to Lipo, which it did from day one. I’m prob a couple weeks away from going with a brushless motor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back