How do you drive your truck.. ?

Music411

I own 2 AMP's. Both brushless setups, pretty fast trucks. I bash em around, jump em, race around with friends...
But I try to drive for my trucks. I don't run my slipper too tight, I don't constantly jam forward/reverse in rock crawler mode. I also look ahead of where I'm driving, so if i see an accident coming I can usually slow down a bit first to minimize damage. By driving this way I mamage to break minimal parts and have my rc's running fairly consistantly.
But both in real life, and here on forums I see people writing about constantly breaking parts, stripping out gears, overheating motors, and so on so forth.
I just wonder how these people are driving their trucks lol... I've have some pretty bad spills and been lucky I geuss ? I've seen people rip arms off.. crush shock towers... etc.
I've had my trucks upto 40mph.. but they were never running great. ECX doesn't make trucks that are made for those kinds of speeds... buy a Losi for that.

I like to run mine on the beach. Dig up a little track with a big jump and some whoops. This is very safe, only need to rinse them afterwards or everything rusts to hell (e.g. the stock motors...).

It's usually when I run them on the pavement outside my driveway on a whim that I break stuff. Going fast between the hedges and the traffic signs is such a kick, but when it goes wrong...

Sounds good.. but sand ?... I'm always avoiding sand.. just for like my bearings mainly.. it terrifies me lol..
Me an my cousin are racing today.. taking some jumps getting a good 6ft of air and landing every which way haven't broken a thing yet.. knock on wood.. but even landing straight down on my shock towers with the buggy did nothing...
I just don't get how people break so many parts on these trucks.. lol
Although most of my parts are RPM parts so maybe that's why

I just don't get how people break so many parts on these trucks.. lol

People , either by poor driving or intentional, hit stuff...alot. Sometimes I think people damage them just so they have an excuse to upgrade. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back