Keeping your cars clean

AbdoSnowMan

I've heard many a different way of how to clean an RC. Washing with water, air, brush or not cleaning at all. What do you guys do?

I've heard many a different way of how to clean an RC. Washing with water, air, brush or not cleaning at all. What do you guys do?

I recommend and use a 50/50 solution of water and Simple Green. Spray it on, let it sit for a few seconds then wipe off with a cloth, you can also just blow off with air compressor, and for the hard to reach stuff an old tooth brush (or brush like this) works great.

Cheap and very effective.

I've also used the cleaning spray from CowRC and that too works great, a little more pricey though.

I let it dry out and then shake the loose dirt off, rinse the body and give the chassis and a toothbrush to my kids, for some reason they like to scrub the nooks and crannies of the chassis.

Just got a new clothes washer without the center spinning thing, trucks fit great in there. Just be sure to use the delicate cycle.

Seriously though - simple green on nitros that are mostly aluminum and carbon fiber (cuts right thru the oil residue) wouldn't suggest it on mostly plastic electric rides. Usually what I do is set my trucks on a towel to dry then take outside bang them around a bit and between a tooth brush (wifes or which ever kid is currently pissing me off) larger stiff bristle brush and my air compressor, most of the dried dirt comes off. My older nitros the radio boxes and servo tray would come off leaving it open for simple green and a hose - easy cleaning. But any electric ride needs too much disassembly to get all electronics off. There are different methods for once clean to use to help keep dirt from sticking and make it easier to clean next time (wd40- armorall - etc) but I never bothered - if your scared of dirt your in the wrong hobby.

Air compressor
CLP
Remoil
Air compressor

In that order.

188140.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back