LED lights interfeering with Servo power

braknur

Hi,
I Have a problem when changed servo in 6 months old roost 1/18.
When i connect LED lights, Servo shuts down..
What could be the problem?
Thnx

anybody?
I was hoping it is something easy to fix .
So when i connect LED cables, the servo goes dead, when disconnect servo goes alive.
Its new servo, just installed.
Maybe previous one died because of apparent electricity issues?
Living in Serbia, so answers that suggest i should buy something is another one month of waiting.
Cheers

Last edited:
Check the wiring on the led bar, maybe it has a short circuit somewhere so it is dragging down the voltage from the BEC?

Hard to trouble shoot from this far away. Was watching your video though, it looks like your harness from your ESC/ receiver and the harness to your servo/ light bar are backwards.

upload_2018-6-6_8-23-42.png

Notice the white wire is on the right side closest to us, but on the left side farthest away?

I tried to connect it 180 degrees and servo doesn't work even with lights off.
I see where you are going white wire on white...just it doesn't work.
Thanx

You said that you replaced the servo. Have you tried plugging the old servo back in with the lights unplugged? Perhaps the servo never had an issue.

Actually it was the first thing i did :). old Servo doesn't work...but im still hoping that when i resolve this issue it will work.
I tried all rewiring possible...but will take hood off and take a pic, maybe i missed something.

The more details and pictures you can give us, the more we can potentially help.

I think you should have used a Cogswell Cog instead of a Spacely Sprocket. Check that lol. Sorry I’m a tardy to tha party

It's as if your signal and ground wires are backwards coming out of your esc/rx. I've never owned a combo esc/rx, or heard of that happening, but if it were me, I'd take the black wire that goes from the main connector to the light connector and put it in with the white wired the same connector. Not sure how hard that would be to do, and it could cause further damage, but since you say the servo won't work plugged in color to color, something is crossed. So when you plug in your lights, it's using the signal wire as a ground, causing the servo not to get a signal.

thnx, everything worked well until that change...so its either ESC is fucked or Servo. Wiring was good but will try to fiddlestick around that some more.
Having used to not having lights on RC , that doesn't bother me much but it sounded like interesting problem i probably wont resolve.
Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Back