LiPo battery life

Batone76

My zippy battery started to stay run only for about 3 to 4 min even thought my charger says its fully charged. I checked the volts and they are at full capacity what can be the issue with it ? Its a 500mah lipo

My zippy battery started to stay run only for about 3 to 4 min even thought my charger says its fully charged. I checked the volts and they are at full capacity what can be the issue with it ? Its a 500mah LiPo
Well if a 5000mah lasts me about 30 min,I can only image a 500mah will last about 3 min...you are a 0 short there for anything more than3-4 min... mah=play time

Well if a 5000mah lasts me about 30 min,I can only image a 500mah will last about 3 min...you are a 0 short there for anything more than3-4 min... mah=play time
Its a 5000mah lipo battery . I figured one of the cells are bad or something how do i fix the issue?

Just like when any other battery goes bad, you replace it. Can't really be fixed.

Actually, you could replace the bad cell. That is difficult though unless you know exactly what was used in your battery and you can match the new cell with the old cells. Otherwise, over time, the new cell will charge/ discharge differently than the others causing issues again.

Actually, you could replace the bad cell. That is difficult though unless you know exactly what was used in your battery and you can match the new cell with the old cells. Otherwise, over time, the new cell will charge/ discharge differently than the others causing issues again.
If you wanted to get into technicality, with the right tools and equipment broken plastics could be reformed into fixed plastics whole and as good as original. Anything could be fixed provided the proper tools and parts. Those tools as parts cost and doesn't always make the most sense to repair.

For a $20 battery from hobby king, it isn't worth the trouble IMO.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=58922

Last edited:
500mAh capacity is very small, but you must know what are you used in? If you are used in High power motors, its running time will very short.

500mAh capacity is very small, but you must know what are you used in? If you are used in High power motors, its running time will very short.
I meant a 5000mah lipo but one of the cells isn't reaching its peak so im gonna try to discharge it and then balance charge it on like 2amps ..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back