lipo for stock brushless ruckus

Joshnewb

looking to upgrade to a 2s lipo from 2400maH 7 cell nimh
would like to know what's the highest C rating/maH i can "safely" run with my stock tazer 45A esc
would 40C 5000 maH be too much?
want enough power to not have to buy another when i upgrade motor/esc in future

The "C" rating refers to how much current the battery can provide (in theory). It won't deliver everything its got as soon as you connect it- that's up to the ESC. The battery will only deliver as much as is asked of it. The 40C 5000mAh battery can provide a theoretical maximum continuous current of 200 Amps. A 20C 4000mAh battery can provide 80 Amps; 20C 5000mAh can provide 100 Amps. You will pay more for batteries with a higher C rating so you can use that number to determine your needs and then spend accordingly. For example, you don't really need a 100C pack unless you're racing or driving a really hot car.

so basicallly battery only gives whats asked of it
what i assumed, but wanted to make sure
don't wanna fry anything
thanks

so basicallly battery only gives whats asked of it
what i assumed, but wanted to make sure
don't wanna fry anything
thanks
Beej is correct. The battery will only give what the esc asks for. There aren't problems until you put a real racing motor in that asks for more than the battery gives, and even then you just melt the solder off the battery plug or melt the plug itself. I found out the hard way with my 4x4 race truck. I did have to put a 90c in that one. We run these in our Amps, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Y...+6200+lipo&dpPl=1&dpID=519K52oK5XL&ref=plSrch
They have plenty of power and run 45 minutes to an hr. Be careful with them running a brushed motor though. The long run time makes it easier to over heat a brushed motor. My son loves checking his motor temp with the temp gun and then he knows when to let it rest.

Jeb, How much/ong have you used these packs and what kind of driving?
I've been running them hard for a couple of months, both bashing and racing. Dirt and gravel and lot's of jumps. They work great on brushless systems, but they last so long on a brushed motor that they tend to overheat them. My son checks his motor temp about every 15 minutes and lets it cool down and that has saved his brushed motor. No trouble with my brushless system.

Members online

Back