Looking for Maintenance Tips you may share

moretracks

Looking for tips on maintenance of buggy. How do you clean the rig. Do you use air pressure to blow off road dirt etc. Do grease or oil anything? Just looking for all around tips on how to keep rig in tip top condition. Look forward to any feedback or ideas.

A long time ago, I used compressed air and a damp towl. Of course, it seems a lot of stuff now is water proof, you may be able to actually wash the car out. I do know that compressed air works well, though.

I like to give mine a gentle rinse with the hose, but I always try to stay away from the electronics. Them use my air compressor to blow off the water. So far so good

We have a shower just inside the basement door coming in from outside and spray everything on the way in when muddy or snowy. Then straight to the garage to dry them with the air compressor, and a little wd40 on the bearings to displace water. If it was dirty enough sometimes I take the wheels off first. Seems to work fine, I haven't noticed any rust and I inspect them regularly.

We have a shower just inside the basement door coming in from outside and spray everything on the way in when muddy or snowy. Then straight to the garage to dry them with the air compressor, and a little wd40 on the bearings to displace water. If it was dirty enough sometimes I take the wheels off first. Seems to work fine, I haven't noticed any rust and I inspect them regularly.
Thanks Mike, will have to get a fresh can of WD40 here then.

We just use a kids toothbrush after a day at the track(dirt/clay) and dry scrub. Remove the motor mount since there is some hard to reach replaces, just few screws. 3n1 oil for some of the joints.
Every once in awhile, we'll just take off the electronics then run thru water and air Dry on top of a wind machine fan.

Would it be worth buying a small can of compressed air or is it safe to go apeshit with a can of WD40 as long as i stay away from the electronics of course?

Tia

Oops sorry. Double post.

While im here is it safe for the battery to leave connected when not in use?

No, never leave the battery connected when not in use. It at the very least will drain it and you may end up with a fire.

Would it be worth buying a small can of compressed air or is it safe to go apeshit with a can of WD40 as long as i stay away from the electronics of course?

Tia

A compressor would be best but a can of air is better than nothing. It would be cheaper in the long run to just get a small compressor, check harbor freight or craigslist. But in no way would I substitute a can of wd40 for blowing it out with forced air.

Cheers mate,

Im looking for a compressor to suit, but in the meantime i may just grab a small can. Want these bigkid toys to last as long as possible.

Oops sorry. Double post.

While im here is it safe for the battery to leave connected when not in use?

That will depend on where the switch is in the setup. If it is between the battery and you esc/ rx then you can leave it hooked up. If the switch is attached to your esc ( there is a current path to your esc whether the switch is on or off) then it should not be left attached.

Members online

Back